Throwing the placards on the pitch

Stop getting torn up over a bit of paper being thrown people. Too mulch is being made from this issue when its run of mill stuff at football stadiums across the country. I did notice people crumpling after the announcement but it was plane sailing after the goal.

On a serious note calling throwing paper 'Anti Social Behaviour' after what was experienced in the city center earlier this year is a bit of an over exaggerated statement. asbos for throwing paper bloody nanny state rubbish you all buy into.

The stewards and showsec deserve a bit more than paper throwing at them, and they didn't help the situation by goading the fans at half time and that's exactly what some were doing around 108, 109, 110. Stewards need to sit down, shut up and observe, thats it. Only intervene if necessary. That or expect half the 1st tier to turn on you fast, its already happening.

Have we become this serious and emotional? I was having a right laugh when it was happening, its a piece of paper ffs. At the time we were potentially out of Europe but I still managed to get a good chuckle from it. Back to the good ole days it was, with blow up bananas and masks.

For what its worth I thought last year with the air horn at opposition corners needs to come back.

i think it started just to launch them at showsec and the photographers.

unfortunately we have a childish bunch who also found it amusing to throw it at players.

one actually clipped aguero as he warmed up.

robsta said:
Yeah UEFA will do us for fans throwing pieces of paper whilst ignoring Bayern fans getting stabbed in Naples.

If you want the people who threw paper tonight banned then you'll be banning hundreds and including all ages. I know it's not right, particularly with the Villarreal players taking corners but come on it was paper. Everyone across Europe gets way with setting off flares and all sorts.
Uefa dont take action for things outside the stadium, stabbings can happen in a City without being related to the football game.

I think Uefa will try and take actions to stop objects, (whether paper, coins, bottles or whatever?), being thrown on the pitch which may effect the game which they are trying to control.

What was really stupid tonight IMO was the fans who ignored the warnings coming from the ref over the loudspeakers at half time. There seemed to be an increase in the number of things thrown on the pitch rather than at the stewards. I genuinely wondered if they were actually City fans or just yobs looking to cause the most trouble.

A spuds mate of mine watching it turned to me and tutted... "act like you've been there before". Cheeky twat! had a point though, it was pretty pathetic.

It's a sad indictment of the gentrification of football that a few youngsters having a laugh throwing PAPER BALLS around merits a censorious p.a. announcement

Pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.