Ticket Collection Celtic away

I find it very hard to believe the club declined the option of a further 500 tickets. Especially given that they anticipate high demand based on the points criteria. What proof is there of this?

None - if the ground fits in less than 59k for CL then why would they offer us 3,200?

The Club has been allocated 2,700 tickets for the Champions League group stage fixture away at Celtic, which will be on sale from 9am Monday 12 September for supporters who meet the qualifying sales criteria.
Celtic v Manchester City
UEFA Champions League
Celtic ParkWednesday 28 September 2016Kick-off – 7.45pm

Tickets are priced as follows:

• Adults: £49.00
  • Adults: £46.00 (Restricted view tickets)
Please note: Concession prices are not available and all juniors must qualify in their own right for this match.

Match ticket collection process
  • It is important to note the following prior to purchasing a match ticket:
  • All tickets are to be collected in destination (Glasgow) upon production of Photographic ID (i.e. passport/driver’s license) and official Club confirmation.
  • Tickets are allocated to the qualifying supporter and cannot be transferred to, and/or used by, any other supporter.
  • Tickets must be collected by the purchasing supporter and cannot be collected on behalf of others, this includes juniors and personal assistants.
  • Ticket Points will be awarded after collection of the ticket in destination (within 10-working days), and not at the point of purchase. Refunds will not be issued for non-collected tickets.
  • Disabled supporters will be required to provide the name of the personal assistant travelling with them.
  • Supporters will be provided with a wristband when collecting their tickets.
  • The wristband must be worn to gain entry to the stadium.
  • Supporters who arrive at the stadium without their wristband and match ticket will be refused entry.
  • Duplicate tickets and wristbands will not be issued for this match.
Further details in relation to the location of the ticket collection point, along with match safety and security information will be communicated to supporters as soon as possible.Please ensure your email address is up to date to ensure that you receive this information. Update online or call Supporter Services on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3).

Qualifying sales criteria
Tickets will be available online at mancity.com/tickets or by telephone on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2)* for supporters that meet the following criteria.

There are no in-person sales for this match with the exception of our disabled supporters.

• Cityzens with a 2016/17 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 18,000 or more ticket points – Monday 12th September at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2016/17 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 17,000 or more ticket points – Monday 12th September at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2016/17 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 16,500 or more ticket points – Tuesday 13th September at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2016/17 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 16,000 or more ticket points – Tuesday 13th September at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2016/17 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 15,000 or more ticket points – Wednesday 14thSeptember at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2016/17 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 14,250 or more ticket points – Wednesday 14thSeptember at 2pm
Should any tickets remain; further selling criteria will be announced on the website.

Fingers and everything else crossed for this one. I'm right on the bubble as they say for the last selling criteria, 14250 points when my Swansea points go on, train and hotel booked so here's hoping.

If there wasn't a ticket collection in Glasgow I expect these would've sold out around the 16k mark
Now people with 14k may be in with a chance so I'm all for it regardless of what a pain it is.

Doesn't Celtic Park hold about 55K for Champions league meaning 2700 would be around 5%?

I find it very hard to believe the club declined the option of a further 500 tickets. Especially given that they anticipate high demand based on the points criteria. What proof is there of this?

I'm certainly reluctant to condemn the club in the absence of any hard evidence but would anyone be surprised if that was the case? Last season when we played Villa away in the FA Cup the tickets were dirt cheap and it was a 3pm Saturday kick-off. We were allocated 6000 tickets but it was obvious we could sell many more. There were conflicting stories as to why we didn't get a bigger allocation - one was that Villa didn't want to give us any more than the minimum requirement for the FA Cup (15%). However, one poster claimed that they spoke to someone at our ticket office and City turned down more tickets because they didn't think they could get them all posted out in time. Come the day of the game we were in the end behind the goal and the normal away section for league games at Villa Park was totally empty.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that this is nothing to do with points whoring, and everything to do with slowing down, and thus controlling (whilst filming) the perceived loutish, drunken English and our idea of a good time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.