Ticket Collection Celtic away

The away end is one of the worst viewing stadiums in Scotland.
Shame because the rest of the stadium is top notch for viewing a match.
They used to have a small tv for watching the game in the away end in the restricted view area.:)

What's the nature of the restrictions, mate? Is it a post box effect like Anfield, or pylons in the way?

What's the nature of the restrictions, mate? Is it a post box effect like Anfield, or pylons in the way?

its more pylons than anything else
the joke was when we go there with Hearts we buy the restricted view so we dont see all the goals we ship :-)

I've just rung to ask for my restricted view ticket to be upgraded. I was told that there are only restricted view tickets available, that all unrestricted view tickets were sold before restricted view tickets were put on sale, that they haven't been upgrading restricted view tickets to unrestricted.

cibaman.....it beggars belief doesn't it, I can assure you my post is truthful. Maybe they do only have restricted view tickets left now but there is no way they have not been selling them whilst still having unrestricted view tickets available. For a club that gets so much right it does seem intent on getting the simple things wrong. There doesn't appear to be any logic in the way they sell tickets for away matches, whether it's the PL or the CL, particularly if you are purchasing a single ticket. Giving the people with the highest points the choice of the best seats available and working down from there doesn't seem a difficult concept to embrace or administer but maybe there are other 'considerations' to factor in which fans are not privy to.

Exactly!
If these points whores really exist, then why punish the diehards with such a time consuming irritation?

It's nothing to do with 'point whores'. They don't give a toss which City fan gets the ticket (remember we are all City fans no matter how many points you have). It's all about control - knowing your name, knowing your address, knowing your face, knowing your inside leg measurements.

cibaman.....it beggars belief doesn't it, I can assure you my post is truthful. Maybe they do only have restricted view tickets left now but there is no way they have not been selling them whilst still having unrestricted view tickets available. For a club that gets so much right it does seem intent on getting the simple things wrong. There doesn't appear to be any logic in the way they sell tickets for away matches, whether it's the PL or the CL, particularly if you are purchasing a single ticket. Giving the people with the highest points the choice of the best seats available and working down from there doesn't seem a difficult concept to embrace or administer but maybe there are other 'considerations' to factor in which fans are not privy to.
I rang up earlier, similar to change my restricted view. Customer services confirmed they had about 15 tickets become available with unrestricted views which have sold out.

Collection of tickets is a superb idea and is clearly serving the purpose. Not sure why anyone is complaining. Everyone with a valid ticket will have to queue to get theirs, just because someone has more points than the next man, doesn't mean they should be trusted more to not sell a ticket or not have to queue....

I hope something similar can be brought in for other domestic games too when people with the valid points miss out to people buying off point hoarders

Collection of tickets is a superb idea and is clearly serving the purpose. Not sure why anyone is complaining. Everyone with a valid ticket will have to queue to get theirs, just because someone has more points than the next man, doesn't mean they should be trusted more to not sell a ticket or not have to queue....

I hope something similar can be brought in for other domestic games too when people with the valid points miss out to people buying off point hoarders
I think the policy currently is a hammer to crack a nut.
As has been covered by many posts on this topic, if City are worried about point whoring (and no one knows if they actually are) then they could introduce other less intrusive measures to check who is using tickets.
I don't support it but they could do like Utd do and make a percentage collect tickets and temporarily ban those who fail to turn up when they are chosen for a collection. At least several thousand people aren't inconvenienced by this.
Acceptable in Europe as there is time for fans to collect pre match, I think it'd be dreadful for domestic games.

We turned down an extra 500 tickets because we cannot organise a piss up in a brewery.
And whilst the system does have some merit it is being run by clueless dickheads.

There was a choice on line when buying Celtic (A) tickets. Restricted tickets were cheaper. Was the wrong box ticked?

When you do a Euro away a lot of people are there the day before and certainly nearly everyone is there the next morning.
However with the Celtic game there are a lot of people arriving late afternoon.
Would it not have been possible before the ticket sale was announced to have two locations.
1 in City Centre and 2 near ground.
Then when you applied for ticket either on line/phone or in person you gave you preference, Location 1 or Location 2.
Once given this could not be changed and would surely make distribution quicker and easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.