Ticket Collection Paris

This is also the case for England fans on official trips. They all get their tickets given to them on the plane or the coach. Presumably this is because they have everyone's name and so can cross check them all with the club to make sure they are all genuine.

Do they have a representative from the club on board the plane then? I'm just puzzled as to why the same privilege was not accorded to Spike's trip. (I know that Thompson are the 'official' club reps but they know that Spike has a trip as well just for our fans)

By the way, I am just curious not trying to be contentious or anything. It didn't matter to me as I didn't make the game due to other commitments.

Last edited:
Do they have a representative from the club on board the plane then? I'm just puzzled as to why the same privilege was not accorded to Spike's trip. (I know that Thompson are the 'official' club reps but they know that Spike has a trip as well just for our fans)
They did it was like a game of ticket bingo shouting out everyones name and followed with the wristbands

No one has answered this question! Were the Thompson trip people subjected to the same scrutiny and checks or were they just handed their tickets with their wrist bands on the plane without the checks? Think about the logistics of this; how long is the flight to Paris? How many people on the plane? How many people checking their credentials?

My understanding of this is ( from a person who was on it ) was they were given ticket and wristband on the plane.
I have absolutely no problem with this being available to fellow Blues but it should be the same for all.
Passsports were checked at Manchester, no problem in dishing the tickets out once on board.
We had to go through a second security check at the hotel just to get in the room where they were distributing tickets.
again I don't have a problem with the people dishing out the tickets, Lisa and co, they were just doing a job.
But Chisholms attitude stinks and by the way they also had Plain Cloths Manchester Police in the hall watching who was there.

My understanding of this is ( from a person who was on it ) was they were given ticket and wristband on the plane.
I have absolutely no problem with this being available to fellow Blues but it should be the same for all.
Passsports were checked at Manchester, no problem in dishing the tickets out once on board.
We had to go through a second security check at the hotel just to get in the room where they were distributing tickets.
again I don't have a problem with the people dishing out the tickets, Lisa and co, they were just doing a job.
But Chisholms attitude stinks and by the way they also had Plain Cloths Manchester Police in the hall watching who was there.

Did Chisholm used to be GMP or work for Utd, or both?
I had thought he was GMP football intelligence officer who followed Utd around like Cliff used to do with us. But guessing I have that wrong

What would you need to check when they are already on the plane? They have already checked their names and passports match so I'm not sure what else would be needed? Am I missing something?

This exactly...It's just a safety mechanism to ensure everybody who bought a ticket, bought it in their own name, so, should the bastard terrorists blow you up, or shoot you, or you get in some sort of lumber, the authorities could identify you a lot quicker. Nothing sinister, just the way it has to be...

This exactly...It's just a safety mechanism to ensure everybody who bought a ticket, bought it in their own name, so, should the bastard terrorists blow you up, or shoot you, or you get in some sort of lumber, the authorities could identify you a lot quicker. Nothing sinister, just the way it has to be...

Thought so. If you are only going for the day, it sort of makes sense to use this trip really. Save pissing about.

I guess we've all worked with complete tools, but whoever came up with the idea to scan everybody's person & belongings to simply get into the ticket hall is beyond me. It's not like we were immediately getting on a coach to go to the game. What I wore & took to the ticket hall was completely different (ok same coat) to what I wore to the game. So unless we were being checked to see if we were going to do something unsavoury in the ticket hall, it was completely pointless.

Also, the City man started questioning why I had 3 City letters for my 3 tickets instead of one. How about because that's what City sent me!

14 stops half hour journey to pick up the tickets simply to validate someone's name was completely overkill and, as I have mentioned elsewhere, could easily have been performed at the gate as per Juventus in November.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.