Ticket Demand- last five fixtures

I'm alright jack, got my seasoncard....!
If any of you haven't read the Deloitte World Football Turnover Document thread, I suggest you do.
City are 7th in the World after an impressive increase of 51% on the previous year.
Most of that came from Commercial acivity, currently at 49% of our turnover. Broadcasting equates to 38% and 13% to matchday turnover.
Undoubtably Commercial and Broadcasting will continue to rise so long as we ramain successful, but matchday revenue won't until the ground is expanded and/or ticket prices increase.
City now sell the unsold seats for the away fans to home fans, we didn't last season, games for Cheslki and Liverpool sold out weeks in advance.
This get your tickets for 5 games thing is just another test of the demand for tickets and should they sell, it will influence the decision to expand the capacity sooner rather than later.
We only have some 5000 tickets for general sale evey home game, maybe 7000 if away fans don't take up their allocation.
The club will look at who buys the tickets, ie, how many regulars buy them or how many individuals, that will indicate the clubs ability to shift maybe another 10000 to 15000 season cards when capacity expands. It's all very scientific I guess.
They will have an indication of how many fans, in addition to the 36000 sold each year will enquire about seasoncards. They will only expand if demand is there. So, if 65000 enquire every game, then capacity might be increased to 60000, if 70000 enquire then you get the picture, and so on.
Why some feel things are unfair or a lottery is beyond me, it's a demand thing, at this moment in time you need to get off your arse and into gear to get tickets, not sit there sulking because you didn't get one.
I make it to a lot away games but not all as firstly I support my son in his potential career as a footballer, and secondly I can't afford it, my choice, but I ensure I get to all home games by having a seasoncard (my 38th year) and join cup scemes.
You must make things work for you or miss out, simple really, the club provide plenty of opportunity, now they see that demand outstrips availability, one or two more little tests, such as the latest buy five tickets thing, and we will get the increase in capacity.
All those who feel unfairly treated will then be able to put ther money where their mouth is and get to the match I guess, along with more tourists, unless of course fans who have always been City get in there first.....?!

Season Card Holders are alright, however for many fans getting access to Season Tickets is impossible, either for the expense, non availability or simply the fact the know they cannot attend the majority of games either due to work commitments or distance they have to travel. With all this in mind they go for Blue Membership and normally pay extra Match Ticket priority to allow the to potential buy a ticket for any home game during the first few days of sale.

As has been stated, there are only a maximum of 5000-7000 tickets that are ever available during this sale period. What City are doing is mugging of the Blue Members by potential selling of those remaining 5 games in what amounts to a mini season ticket.

Prices have come to light now and they average £250 per adult. For those of you who are thick, this ratio of £250 for a 5 game ticket equates to a £950 season ticket for the very people at the outset have indicated the could not afford £450 season cards!

In short, what chance now has the low to average paid City fan with just blue membership got of seeing a Premier League game at the Etihad between now and next August?

If others are struggling to see that those 5000-7000 tickets should be held back for match by match sale then I'm at a loss!

Dunne's own goal said:
The Ox said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Bump. Help would be appreciated! I'll give the club a call tomorrow if I dont' get an answer but it would jsut be easier/cheaper this way :)
I would have thought that just like a Seasoncard you are stuck with the ticket mate.
If that game sells out, which I'm sure it will, you could always flog it in the Ticket Section to someone less fortunate who can't commit to paying for all 5 games.
Ring the club anyway for proper advice mate.

Cheers mate. I guess I'll make sure tomorrow (tho with the ticket office you just might get two answers if you ring htem twice!!)

I bought tickets for a match last season and then was unable to go, I just emailed the ticket office and after answering some security questions they took the seats off my card and refunded the cost not probs.

Bought my Son's this morning. Adult in South stand lower - £230.00. As Wigan was only £30, that makes the last 4 £50 a pop.

The Ox said:
Sorry can't see it posted already !
The club has announced a 5 ticket deal for the last 5 games of the season from £194 for adults and £69 for kids. Could we see the last 5 games "Sold Out" by Mid February ?
This would give a huge indication of demand for an expansion and is probably an experiment by the club !

£38.80 a game. Poor prices.

This deal is terrible and is another way for the club to rip off fans mainly non season card holders. I can't afford £ 200 odd. I was hoping to go to a few more games but cannot afford basically half the price of a season ticket for 5 games.

Tourists will replace actual city fans. All because the club want to make a bit more money

MaineRoadBlue said:
Season Card Holders are alright, however for many fans getting access to Season Tickets is impossible, either for the expense, non availability or simply the fact the know they cannot attend the majority of games either due to work commitments or distance they have to travel. With all this in mind they go for Blue Membership and normally pay extra Match Ticket priority to allow the to potential buy a ticket for any home game during the first few days of sale.

As has been stated, there are only a maximum of 5000-7000 tickets that are ever available during this sale period. What City are doing is mugging of the Blue Members by potential selling of those remaining 5 games in what amounts to a mini season ticket.

Prices have come to light now and they average £250 per adult. For those of you who are thick, this ratio of £250 for a 5 game ticket equates to a £950 season ticket for the very people at the outset have indicated the could not afford £450 season cards!

In short, what chance now has the low to average paid City fan with just blue membership got of seeing a Premier League game at the Etihad between now and next August?

If others are struggling to see that those 5000-7000 tickets should be held back for match by match sale then I'm at a loss!

Get yourself a Seasoncard. Then, you have a GUARANTEED seat for league and cup games...IF YOU WANT IT! If not, viagogo. For the big games you can make a few quid, if that is how you roll, and for the rest, you might lose a few quid. However, with the long term vision of our owners, it appears that an INVESTMENT IN A SEASONCARD should pay strong dividends in the future, as well as showing your true colors!

Also, if the upfront price is too steep, get in with a partner, or do the finance gig.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Where there isn't, then it just never seems to work out, does it?!

From a (now) overseas Seasoncard Holder, which, when you add in the cost of traveling to see City play, makes £40 for a ticket look like Christmas every other weekend!

P.S. To those people who have been banging on about "away day" supporters from Asia, I just came from Hong Kong (and am in Singapore now, but not seen anything here) and I have never seen so many City shirts for sale in Kowloon markets (excellent quality, too!)....and nearly all of them have Aguero or Balotelli on the back! Kept a look out for any City gear with a Nike badge but did not see anything. Will check the HKG and Kowloon markets again tomorrow when I get back there.

£134 for a 7 year old in CB Level 2 which works out at £26.80 per game. Looking at the opposition, with the exception of Norwich, I don't believe any of these games will cost over £25 each to buy individually (Wigan is £22).

Logged on thinking that if the bundle had been priced at around the £100 mark I'd go for it...at £134 I'm going to take my chances buying individual tickets.

IMO not a bad idea, but badly executed.

Do we have a waiting list for season cards? And if so does anyone know how many are on that list? Seems a good idea because the club can see what the demand is like but people have got season tickets for as cheap as £275 so last 5 games for £194 is piss poor. I know most of us paid around £550/600 for our season tickets what is decent value for money

MaineRoadBlue said:

Well said. It's a load of bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.