Ticket Demand- last five fixtures

It could well be an experiment of demand, but it's also just an easy way for the club to gaurentee a sell out despite yet knowing the prize at stake during those games. Should we, unfortunately, go on to drop a few points in out next couple of games - heading into the final stretch some distance off the title - the demand would soon drop - and the club could well miss out on a small amount of revenue.

Just a sneak peak into the minds of the clever businessmen now at the helm. The club won't miss a trick from here on in.

Re: Unprecedented Ticket Demand

spam1967 said:
jma said:
spam1967 said:
25ujyh1.jpg

That says it all, I think.

i don't think it does, so let me explain.

you stated this:

jma said:
Another scheme dreamed up by some wanker with a spreadsheet entitled "How to squeeze every single penny out of genuine City fans" whilst his mate, the author of the report "How to make it possible to have more gloryhunting nobs at important matches" chips in with valuable advice.

i think having more gloryhunting nobs at important matches is the way forward.

how are you going to fill an 80,000 seater stadium?

not with 30,000 hard core supporters.

i bet your gutted we left hyde road.;)

Do we have an 80,000 stadium? I must have missed something.

No, actually it seems we don't. We actually have a 48000 stadium that gets sold out for almost every game. Sold out, in general, by overwhelmingly, people who have been supporting City for a decent time period. The season ticket, points and City card/blue membership system is designed to cater for genuine City fans.

So, there is no problem filling this stadium.

Yet this scheme seems designed to put barriers in front of blues who want to, or can only, attend, say 3 matches. They would have bought those tickets and the tickets for the other matches would have been taken up elsewhere, maybe on general sale.

Now, some of those blues are being forced to find that money up front. Some won't be able to. Some won't be able to justify spending extra on matches they won't be able to go to.

And they are only given a week before their chance of getting a ticket to matches months in the future potentially goes up in smoke and offered up to any old gloryhunter who fancies coughing up, and whose circumstances allow them to cough up, in the hope of possibly being present at a rerun of the drama of the last two home games of last year.

Just like the same people packed the stadium, and made for the most bizarre scenes ever seen at a City home game, for the Real Madrid game.

This scheme is designed to rule blues out of going. Not get more blues in. It is designed to put barriers in front of blues and to get the tickets on sale to cash cow numpties instead, who the club are desperate to milk, as soon as possible.

What other reason is there? It's not like they are offering some sort of super discount. £40 a game is not a discount or a bargain. The games would be sold out (or as good as) anyway. And you know it. But that wouldn't get the them on open sale quickly and get new "target customers" in the seats that would generally, usually be taken up by fairly long standing (and not particularly high spending - on things other than tickets) blues.

Your logic about "how could we fill an 80000 stadium otherwise doesn't emake sense to me. Are you suggesting that we turf out season ticket holders too as that would get the new fans in that are needed? I doubt it. But you seem to be suggesting that City need to get different people than at present in a 47000 stadium as it will allow them to possibly fill a mythical 80000 stadium in the future.

I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from or how you are suggesting such a scheme will help fill a big stadium. The only possible logic I can think of is that you are suggesting that it is a positive thing that the people who usually occupy our seats are replaced for these big, important games by people who haven't been before - because that gives us more fans. If that is what you mean then it doesn't sit right with me at all.

jma said:
spam1967 said:
jma said:
That says it all, I think.

you stated this:

jma said:
Another scheme dreamed up by some wanker with a spreadsheet entitled "How to squeeze every single penny out of genuine City fans" whilst his mate, the author of the report "How to make it possible to have more gloryhunting nobs at important matches" chips in with valuable advice.

No, actually it seems we don't. We actually have a 48000 stadium that gets sold out for almost every game. Sold out, in general, by overwhelmingly, people who have been supporting City for a decent time period. The season ticket, points and City card/blue membership system is designed to cater for genuine City fans.

Yet this scheme seems designed to put barriers in front of blues who want to, or can only, attend, say 3 matches. They would have bought those tickets and the tickets for the other matches would have been taken up elsewhere, maybe on general sale.

Now, some of those blues are being forced to find that money up front. Some won't be able to. Some won't be able to justify spending extra on matches they won't be able to go to.

And they are only given a week before their chance of getting a ticket to matches months in the future potentially goes up in smoke and offered up to any old gloryhunter who fancies coughing up, and whose circumstances allow them to cough up, in the hope of possibly being present at a rerun of the drama of the last two home games of last year.

Just like the same people packed the stadium, and made for the most bizarre scenes ever seen at a City home game, for the Real Madrid game.

This scheme is designed to rule blues out of going. Not get more blues in. It is designed to put barriers in front of blues and to get the tickets on sale to cash cow numpties instead, who the club are desperate to milk, as soon as possible.

What other reason is there? It's not like they are offering some sort of super discount. £40 a game is not a discount or a bargain. The games would be sold out (or as good as) anyway. And you know it. But that wouldn't get the them on open sale quickly and get new "target customers" in the seats that would generally, usually be taken up by fairly long standing (and not particularly high spending - on things other than tickets) blues.

Your logic about "how could we fill an 80000 stadium otherwise doesn't emake sense to me. Are you suggesting that we turf out season ticket holders too as that would get the new fans in that are needed? I doubt it. But you seem to be suggesting that City need to get different people than at present in a 47000 stadium as it will allow them to possibly fill a mythical 80000 stadium in the future.

I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from or how you are suggesting such a scheme will help fill a big stadium. The only possible logic I can think of is that you are suggesting that it is a positive thing that the people who usually occupy our seats are replaced for these big, important games by people who haven't been before - because that gives us more fans. If that is what you mean then it doesn't sit right with me at all.

where i'm coming from is this. we win the premiership 16 out of the next 20 seasons.

there will be one major team in the north west called manchester city.

we'll need a big stadium.

and what they should do then is anyone who can prove they were at york away can get jobs as stewards.;)

spam1967 said:
jma said:
spam1967 said:

you stated this:

where i'm coming from is this. we win the premiership 16 out of the next 20 seasons.

there will be one major team in the north west called manchester city.

we'll need a big stadium.

and what they should do then is anyone who can prove they were at york away can get jobs as stewards.;)

Which can only be relevant to this conversation if you are of the opinion that this scheme will attract 'new fans'. Which, in turn, means that you must believe that the usual people who would be in such seats, in what could be "I was there" moments for genuine City fans, would be ruled out of attending by this scheme.

If that is the logic that you are following I don't see how you can be for it.

Just a thought what if blue members just buy wigan tickets tomorrow ? Once they have gone how can they do a five game ticket ? Wil it then be a4 game ticket on offer then 3? How can you put tickets up for general sale bemfore offering to blue members on a match by match basis?

The Ox said:
Sorry can't see it posted already !
The club has announced a 5 ticket deal for the last 5 games of the season from £194 for adults and £69 for kids. Could we see the last 5 games "Sold Out" by Mid February ?
This would give a huge indication of demand for an expansion and is probably an experiment by the club !

a word of warning to blue members, these are going like hot cakes and on friday they go to general sale. get in there sharpish to secure your seats especially for the norwich match.

de niro said:
The Ox said:
Sorry can't see it posted already !
The club has announced a 5 ticket deal for the last 5 games of the season from £194 for adults and £69 for kids. Could we see the last 5 games "Sold Out" by Mid February ?
This would give a huge indication of demand for an expansion and is probably an experiment by the club !

a word of warning to blue members, these are going like hot cakes and on friday they go to general sale. get in there sharpish to secure your seats especially for the norwich match.

Stop being so helpful!! I need this to stretch out to Friday thank you!! ;)

thedogsbollocks said:
I wrote to the Club last season regards the Value Season Tickets.I think there should be a lottery for all membership card holders to apply for one.I think the current system is unfair.

It is in effect a lottery. Everyone who wanted one phoned up at 9 am on the given day and the first so many who got through, got one.

What part of it do you think is unfair?

THEY ARE ON THE WEBSITE UNDER TICKET BUNDLES TAB AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!

In short it is a complete con and the prices quoted were for very few single seats (less than 30 available) on the lower tier of the family stand. Other than that it about an average of £250 for adults and £130 for kids!

Not such a bargain after all, and I for one am glad. Complete duping exercise. Do not fall for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.