Ticket info for the Capital One Cup Final

jimharri said:
peter.evans said:
There are a number of points I would like to raise re the whole issue of cup finals and loyalty points. I will, of course, be banging my head against a brick wall as far as many are concerned, namely those with thousands of points and who are "Alright Jack" and no doubt some will reply in their own inimitable style ! However, consider the following. First of all, and I would be surprised if any blue disagreed, we have the annual argument over ticket allocations. 31,600 tickets is clearly not enough for us and the likes of me have missed out again on getting one largely because of the Wembley annual fiasco where only two thirds of the ground will consist of supporters of either club, or at least two thirds bought via legitimate and fair means. Club Wembley will be half empty and the ground capacity of 90,000 will not be achieved. I reckon at best there will be 85,000 in the stadium with at least 4 or 5,000 empty club wembley seats. I am sure nobody would say this is right. Have City attempted to get some more tickets ? Even with club Wembley out of the equation that still leaves another 10,000 tickets that are either floating around and being sold at four times the price or have been distributed in other ways. Why don't City at least make public their attempts to try and get a couple of thousand more tickets ? Indeed are they trying ? It would be nice if they would let us know ! BTW, I am sure somebody said last season both teams got 33,000 each. So why did we only get 31,600 ? Is that true ?

What concerns me more though is the way City have set up this loyalty points 'system' over the last five years or so. If, like me, you are blue member with a couple of thousand points and for various reason have been unable to attend every game so not in possession of a season ticket, clearly you have no chance of ever getting any kind of cup final ticket. I think this is wrong. I also think the way the whole loyalty points system has been set up is wrong and I will be writing to the club about it. ( BTW I have signed up for a season ticket and am on the waiting list ) My understanding is that the club issues loyalty points for what can often be described as extremely dubious reasons, based around the ability to pay. The club tempts fans with the offer of x hundred points for gold and platinum membership based on increasing revenues and ability to pay, not loyalty of support, it seems to me. They also give hundreds of points for merely being a season ticket holder and a variety of other dubious money making methods, As a result we get a ridiculous situation where some have got thousands more loyalty points than others based on ability to pay rather than loyalty of support over many decades. Hence we get the new type of fan, similar to the post Italia 90 types, who have been regulars since we got taken over or moved to the new stadium and were nowhere near the club when times were hard.
This does not apply to everyone and many blues have been very loyal over many decades.

However, in my case we have a ridiculous situation where my own son, who has had a season ticket for five ish years, has more than double the number of loyalty points that I have and yet I have been to approximately 1000 City matches over more than forty years compared to his 100 matches over 5 or 6 years. How does this happen ? Well ,mainly for the reasons I have already stated where the 'loyalty' points are handed out like confetti a bit like the voting system at the fucking Eurovision song contest. City are wrong over this and the system is totally unjust. It should be based around attending matches, not the ability to pay. Capitalism at its best as personified by MCFC ! In my case I will be writing to the club and demanding to know why I have not been given a good few thousand additional loyalty points for the years I had season tickets at Maine Rd, approximately 20 of them ! I expect them to redress the balance asap ! They must have the records in their systems. No junior should have more loyalty points than those of us who went for many years and had season tickets long before they were born. What pisses fans like me off is that not only will there be thousands of corporate Johnnies who don't support either of the two clubs attending a game that they barely care about, if they can even be arsed to turn up, but also sadly many City fans who really don't deserve to be there either. Or at least, should not be there ahead of some of us who have been going for a lot longer than they have. It leaves a very bad taste as far as I and many others are concerned. Anyway, are you trying to get any more tickets City ?!! PS good luck to the lucky ones who have got tickets and make sure we win it.
Correct. I saw several posters on this thread who were adamant that ticket availability would get down to blue members. There never was, and never will be, a cat in hell's chance of blue members getting our hands on a cup final ticket through conventional means. I'm a blue member and, because I live overseas, I can only afford to get over to three or 4 games a season, hence I only have just over 1,000 points. And I can fully understand SC holders (and various cup scheme members) who shell out major cash each season wanting to have first go at final tickets. No problem with that. However, it would be a nice gesture if the club were to put aside, say, 150-200 tickets for blue members. Then get any members interested to forward their names to the club and then hold some sort of draw for the chance to purchase the tickets. I won't hold my breath on that though! As it happens, I wouldn't be able to afford to travel over for the final anyway, so I'm not as disappointed as I would otherwise be.

Any idea like this just won't work, it's unfair on seasoncard holders who miss out.

Puppet Master Silva said:
jimharri said:
peter.evans said:
There are a number of points I would like to raise re the whole issue of cup finals and loyalty points. I will, of course, be banging my head against a brick wall as far as many are concerned, namely those with thousands of points and who are "Alright Jack" and no doubt some will reply in their own inimitable style ! However, consider the following. First of all, and I would be surprised if any blue disagreed, we have the annual argument over ticket allocations. 31,600 tickets is clearly not enough for us and the likes of me have missed out again on getting one largely because of the Wembley annual fiasco where only two thirds of the ground will consist of supporters of either club, or at least two thirds bought via legitimate and fair means. Club Wembley will be half empty and the ground capacity of 90,000 will not be achieved. I reckon at best there will be 85,000 in the stadium with at least 4 or 5,000 empty club wembley seats. I am sure nobody would say this is right. Have City attempted to get some more tickets ? Even with club Wembley out of the equation that still leaves another 10,000 tickets that are either floating around and being sold at four times the price or have been distributed in other ways. Why don't City at least make public their attempts to try and get a couple of thousand more tickets ? Indeed are they trying ? It would be nice if they would let us know ! BTW, I am sure somebody said last season both teams got 33,000 each. So why did we only get 31,600 ? Is that true ?

What concerns me more though is the way City have set up this loyalty points 'system' over the last five years or so. If, like me, you are blue member with a couple of thousand points and for various reason have been unable to attend every game so not in possession of a season ticket, clearly you have no chance of ever getting any kind of cup final ticket. I think this is wrong. I also think the way the whole loyalty points system has been set up is wrong and I will be writing to the club about it. ( BTW I have signed up for a season ticket and am on the waiting list ) My understanding is that the club issues loyalty points for what can often be described as extremely dubious reasons, based around the ability to pay. The club tempts fans with the offer of x hundred points for gold and platinum membership based on increasing revenues and ability to pay, not loyalty of support, it seems to me. They also give hundreds of points for merely being a season ticket holder and a variety of other dubious money making methods, As a result we get a ridiculous situation where some have got thousands more loyalty points than others based on ability to pay rather than loyalty of support over many decades. Hence we get the new type of fan, similar to the post Italia 90 types, who have been regulars since we got taken over or moved to the new stadium and were nowhere near the club when times were hard.
This does not apply to everyone and many blues have been very loyal over many decades.

However, in my case we have a ridiculous situation where my own son, who has had a season ticket for five ish years, has more than double the number of loyalty points that I have and yet I have been to approximately 1000 City matches over more than forty years compared to his 100 matches over 5 or 6 years. How does this happen ? Well ,mainly for the reasons I have already stated where the 'loyalty' points are handed out like confetti a bit like the voting system at the fucking Eurovision song contest. City are wrong over this and the system is totally unjust. It should be based around attending matches, not the ability to pay. Capitalism at its best as personified by MCFC ! In my case I will be writing to the club and demanding to know why I have not been given a good few thousand additional loyalty points for the years I had season tickets at Maine Rd, approximately 20 of them ! I expect them to redress the balance asap ! They must have the records in their systems. No junior should have more loyalty points than those of us who went for many years and had season tickets long before they were born. What pisses fans like me off is that not only will there be thousands of corporate Johnnies who don't support either of the two clubs attending a game that they barely care about, if they can even be arsed to turn up, but also sadly many City fans who really don't deserve to be there either. Or at least, should not be there ahead of some of us who have been going for a lot longer than they have. It leaves a very bad taste as far as I and many others are concerned. Anyway, are you trying to get any more tickets City ?!! PS good luck to the lucky ones who have got tickets and make sure we win it.
Correct. I saw several posters on this thread who were adamant that ticket availability would get down to blue members. There never was, and never will be, a cat in hell's chance of blue members getting our hands on a cup final ticket through conventional means. I'm a blue member and, because I live overseas, I can only afford to get over to three or 4 games a season, hence I only have just over 1,000 points. And I can fully understand SC holders (and various cup scheme members) who shell out major cash each season wanting to have first go at final tickets. No problem with that. However, it would be a nice gesture if the club were to put aside, say, 150-200 tickets for blue members. Then get any members interested to forward their names to the club and then hold some sort of draw for the chance to purchase the tickets. I won't hold my breath on that though! As it happens, I wouldn't be able to afford to travel over for the final anyway, so I'm not as disappointed as I would otherwise be.

Any idea like this just won't work, it's unfair on seasoncard holders who miss out.
Read my post again. I acknowledged that SC holders should have first option, and that I wouldn't hold my breath on such an idea ever happening. What I should have said in my earlier post was that the club could maybe think about using some of the tickets they get that will never go on sale to the general public in the mentioned ballot. Will never happen though.

kp789 said:
peter.evans said:

I find it hard to argue with any of these points.
Hard to take sometimes but City are like every other club.You have to look after season ticket holders first no matter how unfair it seems at times.
I refuse to go platinum,chance i take and accept the consequences of my decision.
Hope you are lucky enough to somehow get a ticket for the final.

jimharri said:
jimharri said:

Read my post again. I acknowledged that SC holders should have first option, and that I wouldn't hold my breath on such an idea ever happening. What I should have said in my earlier post was that the club could maybe think about using some of the tickets they get that will never go on sale to the general public in the mentioned ballot. Will never happen though.
They should start by getting rid of fucking club wembley and the neutral section. Far too many seats sold at the highest price for a quick buck when loyal supporters of many clubs who are graced with a day to wembley miss out, because of out a 90,000 capacity stadium only 65,000 or so actually can attend to see 'their team'.

BlueTG said:
jimharri said:
They should start by getting rid of fucking club wembley and the neutral section. Far too many seats sold at the highest price for a quick buck when loyal supporters of many clubs who are graced with a day to wembley miss out, because of out a 90,000 capacity stadium only 65,000 or so actually can attend to see 'their team'.

If they hadn't got the commitment from the Club Wembley members, the stadium would never have been built

jimharri said:
jimharri said:

As tickets were sold out at season ticket level where do we get these extra tickets from ???.

jimharri said:
jimharri said:

It will never happen because its a ridiculous idea! Why should tickets be taken off season ticket holders so people who go a handful of times a year can go? The current system has its flaws but there isn't a better one.

bluesmith said:
jimharri said:
It will never happen because its a ridiculous idea! Why should tickets be taken off season ticket holders so people who go a handful of times a year can go? The current system has its flaws but there isn't a better one.

Maybe it's time we got rid of ST and loyalty point criteria and go purely on ballot so someone who doesn't do any aways has as much chance of a CL final ticket as someone who goes week in, week out.

If we get to the FA Cup semi-final then many of the fans who missed out will surely have the chance to go

Also get on the Cup Shemes. Wasn't appreciating club messing up moving my seat move from the South Stand, but it paid off in the end.

Hi lads - Sunderland fan here.

First of all - congrats on your win today, always good to see the arrogant cockneys slayed, especially in such a comprehensive manner.

I've got some good mates that are City fans, we go back over 20 years when our groups teamed up on lads holidays for a few years. We are going to be meeting up in London over the CC final weekend, should be great.

We (the Sunderland fans) are making a big thing about the Saturday night at Trafalgar square. Whilst I appreciate that you have loads of big games to pay for these days ( you lucky twats) it would be great to see loads of you out there and make a great night of it.

ps hope you enjoyed our win at OT a tenth as much as we did.

Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.