Ticket info for the Capital One Cup Final

I just said, "City provide one of the best value for money Season Tickets out there."

As such, I'm assuming lots of 'blue members' will be taking the leap with the new £299 tickets.

Then we can have over 40,000 season ticket holders and this thread will be repeated in a couple of years time:-

Angry Blue, "How come I've got twenty gazzillion points and can't get a ticket for the League Cup Final."

'New' Expanded Etihad Season Card holder, "Cos I'm on the Cup Scheme and you're not!"

Yep, it's all about choices.

The simple fact is that Blue members (especially overseas members like myself) are not even on the bottom rung of the ladder when it comes to tickets for final(s). As I live overseas, I only get over to maybe 3 or 4 games a season, therefore amassing points is more or less impossible. And buying a seasoncard just isn't feasible. And whatever changes the club may/may not bring in in the future re. allocating tickets, SC holders and cup scheme members will always get priority, which I fully understand and support. If, like me, you haven't qualified you need to realise that there's a reason for that. Look on the bright (well; less dark!) side.There's always the telly, radio and streams.

Why is it the same person/people slagging off the loyalty point system whenever Wembley pops up on the horizon. Spreading myths of there being thousands of Club Wembley seats being empty etc etc. The fact is I have been to Wembley on every occasion during the Mansour years and have never seen a single empty seat and that includes Club Wembley. People buying loyalty points via the Platinum system....do me a favour, it costs an extra £12.50 via the 4 instalment plans, surely affordable for those who want to climb the points ladder. And there lies the issue, people don't want to do the hard yards to climb up the points system but would rather raise some way out wacky alternative that does make them qualify. The likelihood is I will never qualify for an away derby at OT but that's because others are more deserving and rightly so if they've accrued the points. There won't be another alternative points system as the current one is too embedded. The only likely route to circumvent this is via the increasing in number Corporate Hospitality route where away tickets etc are guaranteed. Attend the matches its the only way, or join the Cup schemes its not rocket science!

We are City not Chelsea said:
I just said, "City provide one of the best value for money Season Tickets out there."

As such, I'm assuming lots of 'blue members' will be taking the leap with the new £299 tickets.

Then we can have over 40,000 season ticket holders and this thread will be repeated in a couple of years time:-

Angry Blue, "How come I've got twenty gazzillion points and can't get a ticket for the League Cup Final."

'New' Expanded Etihad Season Card holder, "Cos I'm on the Cup Scheme and you're not!"

Yep, it's all about choices.

Quite a disturbing and inaccurate post. It's only about choices if you can afford to pay for your 'choice'...........

Are you sure you're not chelsea ? Dig the new breed eh :(

[

Quite a disturbing and inaccurate post. It's only about choices if you can afford to pay for your 'choice'...........

Completely agree. This is without doubt the most expensive season we have ever experienced and if we beat Barca and wigan it will get even more so. Whilst i am loving it and am on the fa cup scheme, I can't deny that a little bit of me wanted an away tie in the quarters to save cash. I can't be alone and when the novelty of big games wears off, how many will opt out of the schemes because they can't afford or justify it to my family and thereby opt out of any big games in the future? I think it's inevitable that they'll be replaced by richer fans over the next few years.

The platinum and cup schemes are clever ploys by City to maximise income streams. It allows the club to get more money from those supporters prepared to pay the extra without losing those who can't or won't. I wonder whether we'll see anincreased granulation of prices, giving greater guarantees of big games to those paying more. It wouldn't surprise me as the club wants to 'stand on its own 2 feet'. That means more money from all revenue streams.

But as someone else said, worst comes to the worst, then I'll watch us on tv.

Bluster said:
[

Completely agree. This is without doubt the most expensive season we have ever experienced and if we beat Barca and wigan it will get even more so. Whilst i am loving it and am on the fa cup scheme, I can't deny that a little bit of me wanted an away tie in the quarters to save cash. I can't be alone and when the novelty of big games wears off, how many will opt out of the schemes because they can't afford or justify it to my family and thereby opt out of any big games in the future? I think it's inevitable that they'll be replaced by richer fans over the next few years.

The platinum and cup schemes are clever ploys by City to maximise income streams. It allows the club to get more money from those supporters prepared to pay the extra without losing those who can't or won't. I wonder whether we'll see anincreased granulation of prices, giving greater guarantees of big games to those paying more. It wouldn't surprise me as the club wants to 'stand on its own 2 feet'. That means more money from all revenue streams.

But as someone else said, worst comes to the worst, then I'll watch us on tv.

you are pretty much spot on (although I always want city to be drawn at home in cups) rich people will overtake us normal fans. then yes tv it is.

mostonbluemark said:
Why is it the same person/people slagging off the loyalty point system whenever Wembley pops up on the horizon. Spreading myths of there being thousands of Club Wembley seats being empty etc etc. The fact is I have been to Wembley on every occasion during the Mansour years and have never seen a single empty seat and that includes Club Wembley. People buying loyalty points via the Platinum system....do me a favour, it costs an extra £12.50 via the 4 instalment plans, surely affordable for those who want to climb the points ladder. And there lies the issue, people don't want to do the hard yards to climb up the points system but would rather raise some way out wacky alternative that does make them qualify. The likelihood is I will never qualify for an away derby at OT but that's because others are more deserving and rightly so if they've accrued the points. There won't be another alternative points system as the current one is too embedded. The only likely route to circumvent this is via the increasing in number Corporate Hospitality route where away tickets etc are guaranteed. Attend the matches its the only way, or join the Cup schemes its not rocket science!

Ihave been to five City games at Wembley in the last three years and unless my eyes have deceived me there have been thousands of empty seats in Club Wembley every time

peter.evans said:
mostonbluemark said:

Ihave been to five City games at Wembley in the last three years and unless my eyes have deceived me there have been thousands of empty seats in Club Wembley every time

Think your eyes are playing tricks on you

peter.evans said:
mostonbluemark said:

you have to go the day of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.