Ticket Office again!! (Arsenal) Joke

Got a text from City this afternoon saying I’d got a ticket for the game. It would appear the ticket office have received the additional tickets and are allocating them from the now infamous waiting list!

mullsy said:
Bring back queuing up at silly o'clock in the morning with a fist full of away stubs , ahh the good old days : )

Christ no. I sometimes think back to queuing up at 5am on a Saturday for tickets for matches like Bristol Rovers away and think I must have been mentally ill. MInd you, at least it worked, I suppose.

dont ticketmaster sell our tickets over the phone, so i suppose its easy to sell the home tickets as there all on the same system, i assume the away ones are just tickets therefore an allocation at both ticketmaster and city's ticket office... i think the system that is in place is the fairest to date just needs a little tweeking on the last few hundrered tickets so that it goes on the amount of points not what time you called up!

personally i though the allocation of the united away in the cup took far too long..

the points drop for arsenal at 1000 a day was too quick
it was also too quick for burnley away and that was 500 a day

a more realistic thing to do would to calculate the points level at which all the tickets would sell out if everyone with the points bought one
set it at 200 points above that level for four or five days then drop by 200 points a day until sold out

eg
if we have three thousand fans with 4400 points or above and we are given an allocation of 3000 tickets for a game
set the initial criteria at 4600 points for five days
then drop by 200 points each day till sold

Biggsy1 said:
Anyone else had problems, we've been trying to get 6 tickets since Thursday kept getting told tomorrow tomorrow, eventually they took our card details and membership numbers and were told we would be called back, fuck all and now after calling them again we're told sold out!!! Shite customer service fucking shite!!!!!!!!!!
got a email of club today, OUR 6 tickets confirmed WTF.

squirtyflower said:

a more realistic thing to do would to calculate the points level at which all the tickets would sell out if everyone with the points bought one
set it at 200 points above that level for four or five days then drop by 200 points a day until sold out

eg
if we have three thousand fans with 4400 points or above and we are given an allocation of 3000 tickets for a game

That's a shite idea, you are basically giving those with the most loyalty points time to get their tickets before it gets down to everyone else. You might aswell just say anyone with over 4,000 loyalty points is allowed to go, anyone under, isn't.

I've had my moan about the ticket office over the years but can you blame them for not asking for the full allocation?

Immaculate Pasta said:
squirtyflower said:

eg

That's a shite idea, you are basically giving those with the most loyalty points time to get their tickets before it gets down to everyone else. You might aswell just say anyone with over 4,000 loyalty points is allowed to go, anyone under, isn't.

I've had my moan about the ticket office over the years but can you blame them for not asking for the full allocation?
1. not everyone with the requisite points goes to every game (I know I don't)
2. This happens already but they have longer than the time I am suggesting, I'm suggesting the time is curtailed
3. They are called loyalty points for a reason, and we also have a loyalty point system for a reason

Could someone please pm or quote me the customer service number I've lost my season ticket posting off my phone so I carnt view city site. Cheers.

I rang Sunday and left my details, rang Monday to see what was going on, they told me i wouldnt know if i would have a ticket until Wednesday earliest, Tuesday morning, ticket came through in the post. while i am happy that i got a ticket, the ticket office are pure sh*te.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.