ticket prices for semi- final

Are the trains on the day likely to be dry?

I think they have only been dry in the past when there was a likeliehood of us passingor travelling with other fans (i.e the Rags/Dippers)

The Rags arent at home that weekend so there is not likely to be a lot of United fans travelling back from Manchester to London

If I remember rightly we played home games on two consecutive days in the title run-in in 1968 - Good Friday and Easter Saturday. Not helpful for attracting big crowds to both
Spot on Chelsea on the Friday then West Ham day after,I was at both games 47,000 and 38,000 we also won both games.49 year's ago bloody hell.

If anyone thinks that there isn't a disconnect between the long serving loyal fans and the club these days they really do need to wake up and open their eyes. The disconnect has never, ever been greater. The reason that we are struggling to sell our allocation of semi-final tickets at Wembley is not down to the fans being self-entitled or complacent with success in recent years - far from it. It's due to the loyal fans of many years being treated like shit by the club and therefore simply refusing to shell out a lot of money to support a club they no longer have a close affinity with. It's due to long standing fans not being able to get tickets for away matches as a big chunk of them are now dished out to the corporates. It's down to the fact that when they do manage to get a ticket for an away game when they get there the away end is filled with tourists (the recent Arsenal & Chelsea games being a perfect example) who must have got their tickets from resale agencies that have been supplied by the club. It's due to no longer having a real & direct relationship with the club as the virtually all of the communication the club has with the fans is via social media. It's due to long standing, season ticket holding fans of 30 & 40 years being turfed out of their seats with virtually no notice so the club can build even more corporate areas. It's due to the sterile, orchestrated 'Match Day Experience' that is now required to be the norm. It's due to loyal, match going fans being turfed out of the ground and banned by jumped up Showsec stewards for minor misdemeanors at the direct instructions of the club. Yes - the attendances will hold up and probably get bigger as we are now a global club that tourists want to visit and watch a game at (when they eventually find their seats) but the atmosphere will become more and more sterile. More and more less passionate and more and more neutral. If that is what the club wants then that's fine and that is exactly what they are getting. But don't expect hard working people to cough big money to watch a game when they are effectively being told they are not welcome anymore. The fans will support the team until their dying day but their attitude to the club will become more and more indifferent and more and disconnected just as it is now. The club need to realise that eventually you reap what sow and what they are now reaping is not what loyal blues of many years want to see or be a part of. That is why we have struggled to sell our allocation of semi-final tickets this time. In previous times we would have been queuing around the stadium for 6 and 7 hours to get a ticket and loving it! The fact is the club don't give a shit about the fans anymore and the fans are reciprocating that feeling in spades.
Well said mate, hit a lot of nails within your post.
I got an email today from the club, finally getting back in touch with me about having to move into new seats somewhere next year when they build the tunnel. I've been saying since it all came to light they should get the affected fans together, tell them what's happening and why, and then discuss with them how they can progress the move without bitterness or recriminations.
What did I get in the email? A fucking survey. Yep another fucking survey. They can stick it up their collective corporate arses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.