ticket prices for semi- final

That is your choice. If it is a night match, middle of winter, log fire burning, wife's cooked a nice steak with all the trimmings glass of decent beer on the coffee table 60 inch TV with all the build up , replays etc -v- pissing it down with rain, 1 1/2 hour journey each way ,difficult parking, getting piss wet through, no guarentee of entertainment despite spending about £90 then you are right there is no comparison.
I am with you on that one mate

Everyone's got their own priorities but the Club wouldn't exist if fans just paid their money to touts. I paid £400 to get into the Stoke final so I'm not against all that you say. After that game,!I was more careful to ensure that I could get my tickets through the Club.
I did not buy off a tout. It was through Club Wembley. And yes there were Stoke fans sat next to us and to be honest I preferred to be next to a Stoke fan than next to a drunken City fan. Just my way of enjoying watching my team than wondering whether a guy is going to puke all over me and my Mrs.

Lucky enough not missed one semi or final,charity shield even done the villa park game waited too long for days out like these.

I like to pick my games. No longer a Season Ticket holder. If it is on TV I prefer to watch it there. That way I don't have to queue for anything, I am not ripped off and most importantly I can choose who I sit next to. It seems that anyone who does not declare their underling love for the Club above anything else is not seen as a true fan by some. I say to them as a supporter of 45 years plus,
there are other things going on in my life more important than loyalty to the club.

I was thinking along similar lines after watching some of the video clips, recently posted on Bluemoon.

The traditional hardcore City fanbase has definitely aged, from the mass teenage invasion of Elland Road in 77, to the Morrissey wannabes at the 5-1 in 89 and the late thirty somethings on the pitch at Ewood Park in 2000.

That demographic has now reached its early 50s, and priorities have changed. “Other lads will come to take our place”, but it’s a different world, and they’ll struggle for tickets when loyalty is judged by a self perpetuating points scheme.

Nowadays, it’s virtually impossible for a gang of 15 year old to suddenly decide on a Friday night that they’re going to catch an early morning train to watch City at Tottenham. (which my gang did in the late 70s)

A hobby is supposed to be healthier than an obsession, but football is the exception that proves the rule. Watching City has now become an expensive hobby, and I suspect that many of us preferred the days when our numbers were restricted to obsessives.

However, I’m not quite ready for the knackers yard, and I’ll be there next Sunday.

So in general more than 20k tickets have been sold this bluemoon goes further off topic than Twitter

I was thinking along similar lines after watching some of the video clips, recently posted on Bluemoon.

The traditional hardcore City fanbase has definitely aged, from the mass teenage invasion of Elland Road in 77, to the Morrissey wannabes at the 5-1 in 89 and the late thirty somethings on the pitch at Ewood Park in 2000.

That demographic has now reached its early 50s, and priorities have changed. “Other lads will come to take our place”, but it’s a different world, and they’ll struggle for tickets when loyalty is judged by a self perpetuating points scheme.

Nowadays, it’s virtually impossible for a gang of 15 year old to suddenly decide on a Friday night that they’re going to catch an early morning train to watch City at Tottenham. (which my gang did in the late 70s)

A hobby is supposed to be healthier than an obsession, but football is the exception that proves the rule. Watching City has now become an expensive hobby, and I suspect that many of us preferred the days when our numbers were restricted to obsessives.

However, I’m not quite ready for the knackers yard, and I’ll be there next Sunday.

This is very true and it has been mentioned before. It appears younger fans struggle with the prices and getting tickets and unless clubs address that the fanbase will die off. The spontaneity has gone too as you said. There is no way a group of lads now can just decide on a whim to go and travel somewhere to watch City the night before and do it. All the away tickets will have been sold out long ago, years back we just paid at the turnstiles, getting in was not a problem. Those mad last minute decisions were what made going to football a buzz, now it is no more.

For us older fans we mellow and priorities change as we age. I think you are lucky if the group you went to the game with as a teenager still go. My two best mates were killed by the time I reached the age of 29, others moved away, got married and stopped going. I now go alone to a game which just isn't the same. The crowd I am with in the south stand are ok, we have a chat and a banter but going away is boring without knowing anyone. You bump into the odd familiar face now and then but it is rare. In the ground you are in between people you don't know so I don't do many aways now.

Modern football now seems more of a chore than enjoyment, that is all the rigmarole that surrounds it rather than the play on the field obviously. We have more transport links than we ever did to get to Maine Road, yet I seemed to get there and back travelling from Wythenshawe on the 105 and walking to and from Princess road bus depot quicker than I do now. Add on showsec stewards, being searched, endless rules and regulations, still being treated like a low life on the whole when travelling as a football fan, the price of a game and food and drink and I understand why more and more are giving it a swerve.

I sound a right Victor Meldrew, sorry lol! I still go but like a lot here I am not sure for how much longer which is a bit baffling seen as we have a good team these days and actually win the odd trophy or two. Odd, I am turning into that Colin Schindler bloke or whatever his name is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.