£135 * Beer costs/volumes may differ ;)

Match ticket - £40
Petrol money for mate's car - £15-£20
Twin room in Premier Inn, Harrow - £48/2 = £24
Return tube/train from digs to Wembley Central using contactless card - £3.60
Wembley beers from off license - £15-£20
Food from home - £5
Night out in Harrow after the match - anybody's guess

So excluding what I might spend after the game, that's about £100-£110 all in and that includes a night in the Premier Inn and enough beer to get well oiled beforehand. That's not bad IMO.

For us older fans we mellow and priorities change as we age. I think you are lucky if the group you went to the game with as a teenager still go. My two best mates were killed by the time I reached the age of 29, others moved away, got married and stopped going. I now go alone to a game which just isn't the same. The crowd I am with in the south stand are ok, we have a chat and a banter but going away is boring without knowing anyone. You bump into the odd familiar face now and then but it is rare. In the ground you are in between people you don't know so I don't do many aways now.
Is there a SC branch where you live, that's a good way of going to aways regularly with the same people?

Is there a SC branch where you live, that's a good way of going to aways regularly with the same people?

I used to be in one in Nantwich I think it was as a coach used to pick pick me up in Altrincham to Maine Road and back but it disbanded I think, a few years ago now.

no beer ....cliquey coaches

Bring back transit vans filled with loons and beer

Ha ha there is an element of that true. I chat fairly easily to people but as you say most have their own group of friends on these coaches. Transit and loon coaches, those were the days. Impromptu stop offs when you spotted some of the opposition for a little off here and there lol!

Ha ha there is an element of that true. I chat fairly easily to people but as you say most have their own group of friends on these coaches. Transit and loon coaches, those were the days. Impromptu stop offs when you spotted some of the opposition for a little off here and there lol!
Little villages in the middle of nowhere...............LOCALS - who are these ****s?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.