Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

One final point that a few may not be aware of, I think City amongst others are going to receive an extra 20 Million in revenue just for being in this years new extended league format yet still increasing prices as they have.
And another thing is that we'll pick up a minimum of £60m for the Club World Cup next summer, probably more in the region of £100m if we perform to expectations.That should be part of our revenue in the current financial year. That revenue could be something like £850m or more.

Mrs has been a Villa season ticket holder for decades and seeing their prices announced today it’s finally dawned on her that clubs have no interest in the local regular fans when they can replace them with tourists who will gobble up £100 tickets and still have money to spend on food, drink, shirts and Santa hats!

My Villa mate has said those prices are for each of the group games, as he thought initially it might be for home v Bayern only which would have still been bad

Society is different now though. Some fans will be Haaland fans, not City fans. They’ll follow him wherever he plays. Remember the Mahrez fanboys on here?!

Once us legacy fans stop going, the percentage of new legacy fans will be less, especially if the pricing means only the rich or one off game people can go.

But by that metric, if society is different now then don’t clubs have to respond to those changes? Legacy fans will eventually die out so either way, whether they are previously priced out or not, doesn’t matter to clubs?

And by the way I partially agree with what you’re saying but I also, and maybe I’m being idealistic here, like to believe that some fans will fall in love with the spirit and soul of city. I know I certainly did when I started going in the 90s.

But by that metric, if society is different now then don’t clubs have to respond to those changes? Legacy fans will eventually die out so either way, whether they are previously priced out or not, doesn’t matter to clubs?

And by the way I partially agree with what you’re saying but I also, and maybe I’m being idealistic here, like to believe that some fans will fall in love with the spirit and soul of city. I know I certainly did when I started going in the 90s.
It’s unknown and you could be right too. It’ll be interesting to see where football is in 25 years.

My Villa mate has said those prices are for each of the group games, as he thought initially it might be for home v Bayern only which would have still been bad

So that's £300-£400 down. They'll finish top 24, so almost guaranteed a playoff round game, God only knows what they'll charge for that, £100+?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.