Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

Just my data point …. attended matches since ‘77. Lived in USA for last 30 years. Manage 3-4 trips back per year; family/business/football. Dates of trips booked before I know who(or where) we are playing.

If I have to pay 100 quid, I do, and am fortunate I can afford it (although I’d argue I’m not the ‘tourist’ type you are referring to).

City are a massive global draw now … visitors from USA/Asia see 100 quid for a ‘lifetime experience’ of seeing City in the flesh as completely reasonable.
I totally agree with your last sentence. It’s like me travelling to Madrid or Barcelona to watch a La Liga game (something I’ve never done but want to). If I was told the ticket was £100 would I pay it ? Of course I would.

I'm 63 in a couple of weeks and watched City for over 50 years and probably had a season ticket for most of the time, I want to go and watch us every game at home, but these prices for some games now is just not feasible anymore for me I came out of chumps league this year for this reason, I'm still in other 2, I suppose you have to make the choices that suit you.
I will be gutted if we get to final in Munich and I don't get a ticket.

Let’s hope the Watford game 7 days later is cheap otherwise it’s going to be an expensive month, could be lots of empty seats.
Forest has hundreds of empty seats for their cup game against Newcastle last week. A combination of high prices and their strategy of making it difficult to buy tickets without a membership, whilst also limiting the amount of memberships available blew up in their face. Ha ha.

Forest has hundreds of empty seats for their cup game against Newcastle last week. A combination of high prices and their strategy of making it difficult to buy tickets without a membership, whilst also limiting the amount of memberships available blew up in their face. Ha ha.
Ye it’s nit like their is a cost of living crisis going is there, winter and Xmas only a few months away, Gordon Gecko said “Greed is good”, let’s see how that reflects in the stands. They’ve increased the price for this game, however there’s an extra game to pay for now in CL, do the players get a bonus for CL appearances? That’s got to be paid for if it is, I’m becoming more disillusioned with it all, I watched the west ham game in the pub the other day which I don’t really do normally and with other blues (and lots of rags ) it was an enjoyable experience. The transportation issues, rising cost, changing of times etc, it’s almost like they don’t want us there!

Yes it is such a bad thing. Because when we’re not the hottest ticket in town anymore and other clubs have taken over and we see all these nobodies fuck off because they don’t fancy watching us on the Europa Conference League every season, the club will be wishing they hadn’t pissed off the core support while they try and fill a 62,000 stadium against FC Vaduz on a Thursday night.

These attendees aren’t just not locals, many aren’t fans of City in any way and many are fans of the opposition. Over the years we’ve seen them falling over seats to take photos and videos of Real Madrid’s team warming up, cheering Sadio Mane’s every touch he made for Bayern in the quarterfinal the other year, jumping up when Kroos hit the bar in the semifinal the other year, singing pro-IRA songs for a full 45 minutes, giving shit to City fans and fighting with stewards when their fans were supposed to be banned, jumping up when Firminho made it 1-5 on aggregate, OnlyFans Chelsea supporting bitches openly cheering Madrid winning the penalty shootout last season and filming herself doing it then posting it all over her socials etc. etc. etc.

You win fucking nothing for topping the Deloitte money league.

What you’ve highlighted is a minority. We all at one stage of our life attended a match for the first time. Saying that all fans who come during the good times will fuck off during the bad isn’t true. And equally suggesting only locals are loyal is also bullshit (and I say this as a Mancunian).

Just for comparison the Rags are charging Barnsley fans £42 for the league cup game the night before the Inter match. Its £20 for kids. Utterly ridiculous.

What you’ve highlighted is a minority. We all at one stage of our life attended a match for the first time. Saying that all fans who come during the good times will fuck off during the bad isn’t true. And equally suggesting only locals are loyal is also bullshit (and I say this as a Mancunian).
Society is different now though. Some fans will be Haaland fans, not City fans. They’ll follow him wherever he plays. Remember the Mahrez fanboys on here?!

Once us legacy fans stop going, the percentage of new legacy fans will be less, especially if the pricing means only the rich or one off game people can go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.