Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

Around Europe they are already charging more than €100 for some games be like that in the UK eventually way it’s going
I get they want to boost revenue, but I think it’s so short sighted. I don’t understand the end goal.

You can see it at city, not many younger people are going to premier league home games and in other stadiums there’s empty seats. We’re going to end up with generations of fans not going to games.

Where did I say there wasn’t corruption in football? Stop deflecting. The fact is that you said on here some years ago that you didn’t give a shit about the Champions League and wasn’t going to attend any of the matches. I even challenged you on that at the time and asked you what if we get to the final. You were adamant that you wouldn’t go, yet here you are having the bare-faced cheek to admit that you were in Istanbul to see us win it.

Just shows that you were a lying **** all along on that doesn’t it? ;)
Ok mate. Why are you so angry?
Really enjoyed the champions league final by the way.
You can go and have a cuddle with your liverpool,villa, rag supporting mates instead of making representation to City.....

You’re way off beam with that. If you think all the issues we’re seeing now - Inter ticket prices/disabled parking prices at City, Villa’s CL ticket prices, and concession pricing issues at West Ham and Spurs to name but a few - are primarily down to a price cap that’s been in psce for eight seasons (now entering its ninth), and costs the clubs a minimal amount of money then that’s a huge stretch.

What we’re currently seeing is what we’ve been seeing across multiple industries since Covid, and that’s businesses trying to push the envelope as far as they possibly can, be it football tickets, gig tickets, train tickets, or beer prices and is fuck-all to do with the PL away ticket price cap that was introduced at the start of the 2016/17 season. There was perhaps a minimal impact back then because of that but people and clubs can’t go using that excuse now.

I’ll also add that there were ticket pricing issues before the £30 price cap came in. City fans protested against the PSG home ticket prices for our CL QF in the 2015/16 season. Incidentally, that action against HOME ticket prices drew scathing criticism from a minority of posters on here at the time, yet the same cunts weren’t complaining when it led to lower prices for the semi-final home leg against Real Madrid the next round.
I wasn’t saying that all the pricing issues today are down to the away price cap just that it was one contributory factor.

I think my point still stands though in the sense that any ceo worth his salt will see an enforced reduction in match day revenue caused by cheap away tickets and will leave no stone unturned to recoup that revenue elsewhere on a match day

What people have to realise is that they aren’t fans anymore they’re customers and because the profile of the average fan and their disposable income has changed so will the pricing.

We all love how football used to be and we’d love to have the new Etihad bouncing with sixty odd thousand mad for it local blues who’d all paid a tenner a ticket but those days are long gone amigo. If i owned a club or if I were responsible for maximising revenue at a club I’d do exactly the same as our board are doing. They don’t owe anybody anything other than a fair market price and that’s what they give us.

It’s the big bad world of business.

I wasn’t saying that all the pricing issues today are down to the away price cap just that it was one contributory factor.

I think my point still stands though in the sense that any ceo worth his salt will see an enforced reduction in match day revenue caused by cheap away tickets and will leave no stone unturned to recoup that revenue elsewhere on a match day

What people have to realise is that they aren’t fans anymore they’re customers and because the profile of the average fan and their disposable income has changed so will the pricing.​

We all love how football used to be and we’d love to have the new Etihad bouncing with sixty odd thousand mad for it local blues who’d all paid a tenner a ticket but those days are long gone amigo. If i owned a club or if I were responsible for maximising revenue at a club I’d do exactly the same as our board are doing. They don’t owe anybody anything other than a fair market price and that’s what they give us.

It’s the big bad world of business.
Exactly this

I know I’m in the cheapest band of seats but I don’t think £37.50 is too bad, for what will be the most expensive of the group games.

Obviously, no matter what the price, you’d always prefer it if it was cheaper. But realistically, I’m not complaining at that.

I think expectations were maybe a bit lower because of the Real Madrid prices last season. I’ve always thought that the pricing for cup games was probably calculated on charging as much as they thought they could get away with, whilst still selling out. But £38 for that game, definitely wasn’t the case there. In fact I’m not sure any other club in Europe would be selling tickets that cheap for a quarter final against Real Madrid.

I’m probably going to be looking at somewhere in the region of £120 for the four group games. If that turns out to be accurate, it’ll be fair enough for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.