Ticket Pricing for Inter (H)

I don’t think there’s anybody who realistically expects to get into games for a tenner a pop to watch the best football team on the planet mate. Even some non-league clubs charge more than that. However, there has to be a balance somewhere and revenues can be maximised without employing some of the more dubious practices we’ve seen from our club and other clubs of late. If you were in charge of maximising revenues, you say that you would do exactly the same as City are doing but I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and say that you wouldn’t have been daft enough to sign off on the disabled car park pricing policy that the club have recently introduced. Even after meetings with the disabled supporters groups who suggested other ways of dealing with the situation which didn’t result in everyone using the disabled car parking facilities copping for the prices, they still went ahead with it and ended up with a shit load of bad publicity which resulted in a welcome climbdown but they couldn’t even tell the truth as to why they backtracked on it.

More worryingly, it’s suspected that PL clubs are involved in joining forces behind the scenes in employing some of these deeply unpopular ticketing policies. It’s surely no coincidence that it’s not only City who have suddenly started targeting disabled fans. Villa are doing it too, and United. It’s surely no coincidence that it’s not only Spurs who have suddenly targeted concession prices. West Ham are doing it too. And for what? An extra few quid in revenue and a fuck ton of criticism? Is it really worth it? How about coming up with more creative ideas to maximise revenue that don’t involve constantly taking the piss out of supporters? There are plenty of ways of doing it - if clubs actually bothered properly engaging with fans in the first place that is.

As for some of City’s ticket prices, it’s short-term thinking based on exploiting our current position of being the best team on the planet with the greatest manager on the planet. Once he goes, we won’t be quite so dominant and there WILL be a drop-off in demand from the JCLs and tourists. Then you’re left with an issue of who’s going to take up the slack. Unfortunately, if they’ve also priced out some of the hardcore fanbase in the meantime it’ll be nigh on impossible to entice them back because believe me, once fans get out of the habit of regularly going to football matches it’s unlikely that they’ll get back into it.
In response to your final paragraph City are correctly (from a business perspective ) taking advantage of the basic laws of supply and demand. They’re making hay while the sun shines and lets face it there are no clouds on the horizon so why would they worry about the extremely unlikely scenario of a half empty stadium. Football clubs are big businesses and businesses respond to market forces -it’s naive to expect them to do otherwise.

All the big clubs in the PL sell out big stadiums every week and they don’t have Pep or success so what makes you think we can’t sell out without him too. Guys like me who’ve given up season tickets and may or may not come back are replaced by younger fans …. it’s natural churn.

With regard to the disabled issue it’s not a simple question of right and wrong for me. Of course nobody wants quite severely disabled fans who are really struggling financially to have to pay for parking but what percentage of those benefitting from subsidised parking actually fall into that category ? There are plenty of older fans many of whom may have less disposable income than disabled fans who aren’t quite as mobile as they used to be and face the prospect of paying rip off carpark prices or struggling to walk (literally) miles to the ground due to the expansion of street parking restrictions - where’s the outrage on their behalf.

I’m not angry. I just enjoy calling out trolling hypocritical cunts like you.

By the way, 1894 (which I’m a part of) has made plenty of representation to City down the years on ticket prices. If they hadn’t, you’d be paying even more than you are now. You can thank us later you ungrateful twat.
Why am I hypocritical? All because I watch the champions league after calling it a shit comp?
Where do you want me to send my hard earned so I can repay you for all your hard work in keeping my season ticket price down?? What a hero you are.
So just remind me again. What have YOU done exactly in relation to the pricing for the Inter game and the outrage it has caused? Go on.....Yep the sum total of fuck all.

Why am I hypocritical? All because I watch the champions league after calling it a shit comp?
Where do you want me to send my hard earned so I can repay you for all your hard work in keeping my season ticket price down?? What a hero you are.
So just remind me again. What have YOU done exactly in relation to the pricing for the Inter game and the outrage it has caused? Go on.....Yep the sum total of fuck all.
You’re a hypocrite because you previously said you weren’t going to watch any CL games, yet you turned up in Istanbul to bask in the reflected glory of City winning the trophy whereas many of the rest of us who were there had been putting in the hard yards and attended numerous CL matches home and away ever since we qualified for it the first time back in 2011.

I’ll confess I’ve done nothing about the Inter ticket prices but I’ve been involved in plenty of other campaigns and protests regarding ticket prices in the past as I keep fucking telling you.

I suggest you grow up and stop making a prick of yourself. If you can’t do that then get the fuck out of the thread.

You’re a hypocrite because you previously said you weren’t going to watch any CL games, yet you turned up in Istanbul to bask in the reflected glory of City winning the trophy whereas many of the rest of us who were there had been putting in the hard yards and attended numerous CL matches home and away ever since we qualified for it the first time back in 2011.

I’ll confess I’ve done nothing about the Inter ticket prices but I’ve been involved in plenty of other campaigns and protests regarding ticket prices in the past as I keep fucking telling you.

I suggest you grow up and stop making a prick of yourself. If you can’t do that then get the fuck out of the thread.
Thought as much. What an absolute whopper.
Professes to want to do something, then admits to doing nothing about the one.game he is crowing about. Do you moan at the cost of food,utilities,holidays, fuelling your car. Ypu will say it is irrelevant when in fact it is.
It's life mate and until you accept it, do stop crying like.a fucking 3 yr old. Well done in your crusade to lower prices but fuck all will happen because as a few on here have said, football is about making money now and we football fans are just customers whose loyalty is taken advantage of. People should be able to afford it that I agree on but go on einstein, what is a fair price? Is 62.50 for 1 adult and 2 juniors a fair price?? Errrr yes in my books.
Been to plenty home and away also mate.ao do stop waving your 'I'm a bigger blue than you knob about.
If you think city are going to charge 15 to 20 quod at home versus inter then you need to stop taking drugs.

Last edited:
Thought as much. What an absolute whopper.
Professes to want to do something, then admits to doing nothing about the one.game he is crowing about. Do you moan at the cost of food,utilities,holidays, fuelling your car. Ypu will say it is irrelevant when in fact it is.
It's life mate and until you accept it, do stop crying like.a fucking 3 yr old. Well done in your crusade to lower prices but fuck all will happen because as a few on here have said, football is about making money now and we football fans are just customers whose loyalty is taken advantage of. People should be able to afford it that I agree on but go on einstein, what is a fair price? Is 62.50 for 1 adult and 2 juniors a fair price?? Errrr yes in my books.
Been to plenty home and away also mate.ao do stop waving your 'I'm a bigger blue than you knob about.
Fact is that I’ve done plenty down the years about it and you’ve done fuck all.

Fact is that in the past you’ve been on here cry arsing about the Champions League and how you don’t give a shit about it so won’t be attending any games, but despite that you showed up in Istanbul you hypocritical glory-hunting ****. That’s not me waving my knob about and claiming to be a bigger blue than you. That’s me showing you up to be a lying twat.

Fact is that I actually haven’t complained too much about the Inter ticket prices on this thread, yet here you are claiming that I’ve been moaning like fuck about them. That doesn’t mean I don’t think they’re too high.

Fact is that your comments show that you’re actually more than happy to lube up and take it up the arse regarding ticket prices and on the off chance that you did happen to have an issue with them you let others put their hard-earned time and effort into doing something about it rather than doing something about it yourself. Oh, and if you think pushback from fans won’t achieve anything then how come we got PL away tickets capped at £30, how come we got CL semi final tickets reduced in 2016, and how come City have climbed down on disabled car park prices?

Now fuck off and go mither someone else you trolling prick.

Last edited:
Fact is that in the past you’ve been on here cry arsing about the Champions League and how you don’t give a shit about it so won’t be attending any games, but despite that you showed up in Istanbul you hypocritical glory-hunting ****.
Fact is that I actually haven’t complained too much about the Inter ticket prices on this thread, yet here you are claiming that I’ve been moaning like fuck about them. That doesn’t mean I don’t think they’re too high.
Fact is that your comments show that you’re actually more than happy to lube up and take it up the arse regarding ticket prices and on the off chance that you did happen to have an issue with them you let others put their hard-earned time and effort into doing something about it rather than doing something about it yourself.
Now fuck off and bother someone else you trolling prick.
Glory hunting Oh dear, best yet that.Fancy getting angry because you cant answer 1 of my questions. Troll?? Not trolling at all I asked what you had done re the pricing and you have said nothing. Again show me what you think is fair pricing for all as you apparently have no issue?
You are posting like you are an angry 20 something . It is hilarious how.you have come back at me.
Basking in the glory of Istanbul?
Damn right after going through thick and thin suppprting.city for over 40yrs home and away.You see my anger twds UEFA still exists but I am adult enough to know suppprting City home and abroad will make no difference to my resentment. That is why I watch the champions league. You are to childish to understamd that though as it is 2 different things but I have seperated the issue with the c.league.and suppprtimg my team.
Your post stinks of thinking city should subsidise the.game or reduce prices? Try league 1 prices, league 2 prices.
Glory hunting. Fucking right I was away at Wycombe Notts.county etc etc.....
Grow up. The club owe nobody anything in my opinion when it comes to pricing of Champions league games like this one

I bet Feyenoord and Bruge are no more than 30 notes

Fact is that in the past you’ve been on here cry arsing about the Champions League and how you don’t give a shit about it so won’t be attending any games, but despite that you showed up in Istanbul you hypocritical glory-hunting ****. That’s not me waving my knob about and claiming to be a bigger blue than you. That’s me showing you up to be a lying twat.

Fact is that your comments show that you’re actually more than happy to lube up and take it up the arse regarding ticket prices and on the off chance that you did happen to have an issue with them you let others put their hard-earned time and effort into doing something about it rather than doing something about it yourself. Oh, and if you think pushback from fans won’t achieve anything then how come we got PL away tickets capped at £30, how come we got CL semi final tickets reduced in 2016, and how come City have climbed down on disabled car park prices?

Now fuck off and go mither someone else you trolling prick.
You are very very angry man. Can you use the c word any more. Tell me what have you done in the 'past' aboit olit? Painted a bed sheet ??

Glory hunting Oh dear, best yet that.Fancy getting angry because you cant answer 1 of my questions. Troll?? Not trolling at all I asked what you had done re the pricing and you have said nothing. Again show me what you think is fair pricing for all as you apparently have no issue?
You are posting like you are an angry 20 something . It is hilarious how.you have come back at me.
Basking in the glory of Istanbul?
Damn right after going through thick and thin suppprting.city for over 40yrs home and away.You see my anger twds UEFA still exists but I am adult enough to know suppprting City home and abroad will make no difference to my resentment. That is why I watch the champions league. You are to childish to understamd that though as it is 2 different things but I have seperated the issue with the c.league.and suppprtimg my team.
Your post stinks of thinking city should subsidise the.game or reduce prices? Try league 1 prices, league 2 prices.
Glory hunting. Fucking right I was away at Wycombe Notts.county etc etc.....
Grow up. The club owe nobody anything in my opinion when it comes to pricing of Champions league games like this one

I bet Feyenoord and Bruge are no more than 30 notes
But you’ve said in the past you weren’t even going to support your team in the CL and when I challenged you on it, you dug your heels in. Now you’re implying you never said that. Do you want me to go searching for the posts just to remind you of what you said?

You’re a fucking clown and a lying **** to boot.

You are very very angry man. Can you use the c word any more. Tell me what have you done in the 'past' aboit olit? Painted a bed sheet ??
Have you not been reading my posts? How about actively taking part in the Twentys Plenty campaign? Or the PSG price protest in 2016? Or the banner protest against yet another season ticket price rise against Arsenal last season? I’ve done plenty sunshine and plenty more than you’ll ever fucking do.

Loving the frank exchange of views between @M18CTID and @St Helens Blue (Exiled).

I always seem to get thread bans for the slightest naughtiness (I once got a ban for being 'argumentative' but the dozen people arguing with me weren't banned). I'll probably get a ban for this post.

Anyway, very entertaining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.