Ticket Sales Criteria - Real Madrid and FA Cup Semi?

Because the will isn’t there amongst the fans. The more tourists and day trippers that fill the Etihad, who are happy to pay top dollar and not question how they are getting a ticket, as long as they get a ticket, the more tickets the club will siphon off to legal ticket touting websites. Just wait until the club has to shift an extra 8000 home tickets. If we think it’s bad now.
This won't match last year's debacle in terms of the noise made, but the more time that passes that more I'm convinced that the 'glitch' that prevented supporters - including myself and others on this board - for paying for friends and family who qualified was deliberate. Those tickets have gone to resellers. Enough people will have got at least one this time for it not to be a massive hoohah, and since they never went on general sale the club can crack on that regulars got what they wanted.

They can open the window to all who qualify, but for all I know there might only have been a set number that were ever genuinely available to buy in first or the second window. Thursday the ticket office opens an hour late and everyone's demob happy before the Bank Hol, by the time they're back on the phones Tuesday there's nothing can be done. Anyone who has complained about 'glitch' on Wednesday is getting back generic, disingenuous emails saying 'tickets are now sold out' - which isn't the point - they weren't sold out when you weren't letting us pay for them! The Real fixture is a 'Vegas fight' - sharp practice is a given now.

Last edited:
This won't match last year's debacle in terms of the noise made, but the more time that passes that more I'm convinced that the 'glitch' that prevented supporters - including myself and others on this board - for paying for friends and family who qualified was deliberate. Those tickets have gone to resellers. Enough people will have got at least one this time for it not to be a massive hoohah, and since they never went on general sale the club can crack on that regulars got what they wanted.

They can open the window to all who qualify, but for all I know there might only have been a set number that were ever genuinely available to buy in first or the second window. Thursday the ticket office opens an hour late and everyone's demob happy before the Bank Hol, by the time they're back on the phones Tuesday there's nothing can be done. Anyone who has complained about 'glitch' on Wednesday is getting back generic, disingenuous emails saying 'tickets are now sold out' - which isn't the point - they weren't sold out when you weren't letting us pay for them! The Real fixture is a 'Vegas fight' - sharp practice is a given now.
The Club began pitch rolling through City Matters that the committed fans had been to 3 recent CL matches and the rest were just happy to be associated with City. That might or might not be true. Once the Club enabled Blues to buy who’d been to 3 recent CL games, they’d done their job as far as they were concerned. Deliberate or accidental, it had the desired affect and left enough tickets for partner travel agents.

Not being able to guarantee 2 together due to the glitch put me off buying for F&F. Maybe there was a way around this?

I had the exact same problem when the last few Liverpool Away tickets went on sale

I had 2 tickets in my basket but the site would not let me complete the transaction

Both were o65s - there is s problem processing o65s purchases

City seem to have set their system to stop o65s from buying,

I complained and got back the generic reply thst the game was sold out some time back

When I replied that I was after 3 from the last 86 put on sale at the last minute and that I had them in my basket ...... no further reply

Nothing wrong with the card I was using as I've used it since on other non City stuff

Please stop moaning everyone you are paying to watch the greatest football team known to man. Just out of interest anyone been to the theatre, cinema, restaurant, or even bought a beer on deansgate. Thought not.
Very exclusive that Deansgate with its wetherspoons and shit chains like every small town has.

Not being able to guarantee 2 together due to the glitch put me off buying for F&F. Maybe there was a way around this?
I think when it came to buying more than one it was a lottery in all but name. I actually managed to get a lad on the phone Wednesday afternoon who confirmed that my lads did qualify, that there was a 'system fault' and that the two next to one I'd got for myself in the earlier 5+ were still available. But in a call lasting about an hour it wouldn't let him process the payment at his end either. And the prices fluctuated mid-call. It was £55 for two juniors tickets by the time the call started, and by the end of it was £75. He promised to get back to me before c.o.p Wednesday but never did. Suspect it was out of his hands. I know some people did manage to resolve it on the phone eventually, but I couldn't get through for love nor money yesterday.

I think when it came to buying more than one it was a lottery in all but name. I actually managed to get a lad on the phone Wednesday afternoon who confirmed that my lads did qualify, that there was a 'system fault' and that the two next to one I'd got for myself in the earlier 5+ were still available. But in a call lasting about an hour it wouldn't let him process the payment at his end either. And the prices fluctuated mid-call. It was £55 for two juniors tickets by the time the call started, and by the end of it was £75. He promised to get back to me before c.o.p Wednesday but never did. Suspect it was out of his hands. I know some people did manage to resolve it on the phone eventually, but I couldn't get through for love nor money yesterday.

I loathe it when they say that. Its happened to me AT LEAST half a dozen times this season. Just looked in my calls and I'm still waiting for them to get back to me from something on the 9th of February and I'm sure they just hope you'll give up. In fact it was regarding something before that and towards the end of last year, but I mentioned it again in February as I was on the phone about something else. It involved a refund though so it's like getting blood out of a stone when it's the other way round.

Last edited:
I’m unsure what the problem was, I was able to get 3 no problem… 1 ticket on my mates seasoncard in friends and family, 1 on my cityzens membership and 1 on my son’s membership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.