Ticket Shambles Tonight - Disgraceful

My card wouldn't let me in tonight even tho on cup scheme. Went to game early as had inkling this would happen! They took seasoncard off me and said they would send a new one. This will be my 3rd seasoncard of the season! It's a complete shambles

urmston said:
Even as a season ticket holder for decades I'm still discouraged from buying the odd ticket to cup games and upgrading tickets from junior to adult.

It goes wrong too often.

Every so often I'll make the effort, such as when we played Scunthorpe in the Cup at COMS because my mate is a Scunthorpe fan, but even when you have bought the ticket theres's still the nagging doubt it won't work at the turnstile.

Exactly Urmston, as I said in my earlier post on this thread "despite three text messages and two E-mails from City confirming my seat I was still paranoiac that my card wouldn't work"

Having that go through your mind when you've bought and paid for your Ticket is just not good enough, the whole Ticketing system at our club needs a good overhaul on a major scale and it needs doing as a priority.

I'm struggling to see how the new ticketing system is an improvement on the old one. Last season when they took the money for my Cup tickets everything else was done in the same operation: Loyalty points updated, e-mail and text sent and card activated. Now it seems as if each step is done separately and in some cases even manually, how can that be more efficient?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Absolute shambles........................
Went to go in......... red light on the card. Steward takes it on the hand held machine and informs me I havent paid for a ticket for tonight. I protest and am sent to the ticket office.
They tell me the same. I give them the card I paid for the ticket and they tell me the only transaction on that card in the last 3 months was the Wigan game. I protest and ask who has the seat I am meant to be in and they cant confirm it other than say it wasn't in my name.
I had to pay for a seat in 3rd tier and got into the ground FIVE minutes before the end of the first half.
Just got home and have the receipt for the ticket and the receipt says I paid for it on the exact same card I gave them tonight. It gives the seat number I should have been sat in.
I'm going down tomorrow to the ticket office and asking for my money back on the original ticket and my money back for the ticket bought tonight as compo for being fucked about and missing the first half.

This is my last City game as I am emigrating on Friday and what a fucking shambles......... what was to be a celebration of 48 years of supporting City turned into a reminder of what a fucking shite organisation behind the scenes City are.......

There were many other City fans in the queue too - people were showing the stewards and ticket office their receipts but being told ''computer says no''

SORT IT OUT CITY

As already stated lad...welcome to America. Had a right day with 6 Blues in the sunshine! Soon you shall get well and truly over all that.

You could always take it to the MEN.

Only joking, don't do it, please.

My lad couldn't get in either but a nice man let him, and a mate (forgot his card), in with his swipe card.

Anyone who had trouble with the cards.... Did you get the confirmation text messages / email ??? Just curious

Bluefen said:
Anyone who had trouble with the cards.... Did you get the confirmation text messages / email ??? Just curious

A friend of mine had the seat next to where I (and another friend) should have been sat. Said the two seats were empty all game.

Got up early today, going down to the ticket office for 9am with card, receipt and bank card in hand.
Will be firm but polite and requesting full refund of all four tickets (mine and my mates that I bought at the same time).

Will let you know the outcome

urmston said:
Even as a season ticket holder for decades I'm still discouraged from buying the odd ticket to cup games and upgrading tickets from junior to adult.

It goes wrong too often.

Every so often I'll make the effort, such as when we played Scunthorpe in the Cup at COMS because my mate is a Scunthorpe fan, but even when you have bought the ticket theres's still the nagging doubt it won't work at the turnstile.
I only get to 2 or 3 games a year now so ditched the season ticket a few years back. Since then, me and my Dad have had problems at the turnstile EVERY single time we have been. Not once have we both got green lights. The individual ticket system clearly has some very fundamental flaws.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.