Ticket Shambles Tonight - Disgraceful

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Absolute shambles........................

This is my last City game as I am emigrating on Friday and what a fucking shambles......... what was to be a celebration of 48 years of supporting City turned into a reminder of what a fucking shite organisation behind the scenes City are.......

48 YEARS PHIL ??? were you attending from the cradle !!

At half time last night a Season Ticket holder I talk to on the spirals every game, near 304, was going ballistic, told me he is also on the cup scheme, card hadn't been activated and he didn't get in until 5 minutes before half time, It's terrible really, but surely the stewards should be empowered to use their discretion and be able to allow people in when it's pretty fucking obvious there has been some fuck up on the Clubs part.

The production of the persons seasoncard and the fact they are adamant there has been a mistake by the Club should surely carry some weight, and if they are clearly claiming they have paid or that the Club is at fault for the error, just letting them in and recording their supporter number, would mean the issue could be resolved later by the Club, and without them having to be pissed about and missing half the game?

Lordeffingham said:
At half time last night a Season Ticket holder I talk to on the spirals every game, near 304, was going ballistic, told me he is also on the cup scheme, card hadn't been activated and he didn't get in until 5 minutes before half time, It's terrible really, but surely the stewards should be empowered to use their discretion and be able to allow people in when it's pretty fucking obvious there has been some fuck up on the Clubs part.

The production of the persons seasoncard and the fact they are adamant there has been a mistake by the Club should surely carry some weight, and if they are clearly claiming they have paid or that the Club is at fault for the error, just letting them in and recording their supporter number, would mean the issue could be resolved later by the Club, and without them having to be pissed about and missing half the game?

to be fair that is a crackers suggestion.

It does however appear that the ticket office needs a major overhaul. That probably needs to mean new staff in middle management as if the situation hasn't been addressed now then surely the current lot are not capable/suck in their ways. Shame really that we can't get this right.

i8rags said:
I might sound harsh here but why would you not have the Receipt for payment with you.
Would of solved most of your probs, also ticket office is surely gonna be busy on the day of a ticket issue match. Basic schoolboy errors on your part I believe.

If you're on the scheme you only get an email confirmation, not everyone has a printer, so taking your "receipt" is a bit difficult for many.

kippaxkid74 said:
i8rags said:
I might sound harsh here but why would you not have the Receipt for payment with you.
Would of solved most of your probs, also ticket office is surely gonna be busy on the day of a ticket issue match. Basic schoolboy errors on your part I believe.

If you're on the scheme you only get an email confirmation, not everyone has a printer, so taking your "receipt" is a bit difficult for many.

not that you should have to, club should just get it right every single time.

Just wanted to share my experience of the ticket office/supporter services over the last week...

Wigan at home. My son couldn't go-Rang up supporter services and upgraded to adult no problem-no paper ticket required as they just upgraded my lads season card.

Napoli at home. My son again couldn't make it. Rang the club 5 days in advance and asked to upgrade again to adult. The girl(sorry but complete airhead) told me that I would have to go to the ground and collect a paper ticket as to quote "We are not doing any upgrades on season cards this year-all upgrades require a paper ticket".
So here goes to quote what I said...
"So how come you upgraded my sons Wigan ticket to adult no problem if you say that there are no upgrades"?

Reply "Oh I am not sure-It must have been an exception so you will have to come to the ground to collect a paper ticket above the City store"

"No problem - I will be down on Monday afternoon"

Monday afternoon I go upstairs and queued up. When I got to the sales girl and explained she checked the season card and said the following "Why have you come down.The card has been upgraded to an adult for Wednesday night"

So off I went home..a little bit mythed that I had made a journey when it wasn't required.

Last night - Walked up to Entrance N1 - My old dear tried to get in the ground..FUCKING CARD HADN'T BEEN ACTIVATED"!!!!!!!

Walked up to supporter services and they allowed my mum access after i had shown the receipt.

I am sorry but this is why so many blues are brassed off. The staff they are employing are just incompetent and it's need sorting...

Just to finish-had the pleasure to meet Danny Wilson at the Wigan game who asked me to call him to collect my Bayern ticket in person. Rang him up and he came down and ticket was delivered in an envelope with name,number on etc...
He is a very helpful guy and any fans with issues should email him at :-

Danny.wilson@mcfc.co.uk

BlueKingEll said:
lancs blue said:
I'm struggling to see how the new ticketing system is an improvement on the old one. Last season when they took the money for my Cup tickets everything else was done in the same operation: Loyalty points updated, e-mail and text sent and card activated. Now it seems as if each step is done separately and in some cases even manually, how can that be more efficient?

Youve had loyalty points - I'm still waiting for mine from last night, along with the Birmingham and Bayern ones. I was going to get on the phone first thing but its going to be a 30-60 minute wait

ive had my loyalty points for napoli the day after payment i still havent had my birmingham ticket or a confirmation email of seat and activation im hoping this will happen monday or tuesday.

bzekosilva said:
BlueKingEll said:
lancs blue said:
I'm struggling to see how the new ticketing system is an improvement on the old one. Last season when they took the money for my Cup tickets everything else was done in the same operation: Loyalty points updated, e-mail and text sent and card activated. Now it seems as if each step is done separately and in some cases even manually, how can that be more efficient?

Youve had loyalty points - I'm still waiting for mine from last night, along with the Birmingham and Bayern ones. I was going to get on the phone first thing but its going to be a 30-60 minute wait

ive had my loyalty points for napoli the day after payment i still havent had my birmingham ticket or a confirmation email of seat and activation im hoping this will happen monday or tuesday.

My Birmingham points were added to my account this morning so you should hear something soon.

kippaxkid74 said:
i8rags said:

Why should you take the receipt if your in the Cup Scheme and have been allocated your normal seat. I got in no problem but about 3 or 4 on our bus had the same hassle as the OP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.