Ticketing Compliance Manager - Man City

The OSC get a 20% allocation for away games. Probably a bit less when loads of ex players are wanting tickets for a Brighton title decider.
Plenty more when City can’t sell out the away end in a Champs League group fixture.

Branches are responsible for ensuring these tickets are allocated to members within the local Branch and any other rules. For example, a minimum of a match day membership is now the norm.

As somebody who runs an OSC Branch and talks to other Branch Secretaries. We despise touting if that is what happened with part of the 80%, bulk of the allocation. We are just not interested in the sort of student union protests that some on her advocate.

I’m sceptical but it might be that the ticket compliance manager helps the club to show restraint on season ticket prices by stopping lost revenue by junior tickets being sold ad adults. They might even do something about a minority of away tickets ending up in the wrong hands. They might be wishful thinking of course.

The most noticeable instances of what you describe has been from player allocations. The infamous 200 Belgium Blues at Arsenal etc. That said, city might have allowed because not all away games at Arsenal sold out before then because the ridiculous situation of away fans having to pay £63 for a ticket.

If you want the OSC to do something then ask your Branch Secretary to raise the issue at the Exec meeting.
I agree that the new compliance manager is probably the best person to overview the ticketing practices of the club. Also don't hold your breath as he will only do what is in the club's best interest. When it comes to ticketing policies of clubs the Independent Regulator should come into play to make guidelines for clubs to follow including penalties for breaches of the guidelines. Particularly relevant to ensure fake tickets are eliminated and strict controls over how agencies get tickets. Supporters clubs should be consulted and voice their views.

Regarding the posts above about having photo ID attached to your membership. It wouldn't be too difficult to require a current photo to be uploaded to your account for anyone with a supporter number. That photo could then be displayed on a screen on entry and stewards could either do nothing or stop you for a further check to ensure that you are the person the ticket is allocated to.

I could definitely see that happening.
What would happen if you transferred your ticket through friends and family ? Would the Club need to have photos of all friends and family ?
This feels like a very large sledgehammer to crack a very small nut.

I agree that the new compliance manager is probably the best person to overview the ticketing practices of the club. Also don't hold your breath as he will only do what is in the club's best interest. When it comes to ticketing policies of clubs the Independent Regulator should come into play to make guidelines for clubs to follow including penalties for breaches of the guidelines. Particularly relevant to ensure fake tickets are eliminated and strict controls over how agencies get tickets. Supporters clubs should be consulted and voice their views.
Sounds good Dannyblue52

That’s CCTV not facial recognition. It just records your actions at the till in case there’s a dispute and they need evidence of theft so won’t be stored against your personal details. Security guards and police could still watch it for known criminals though to intervene.

If the store wanted to keep an image of your face and store that in a database against your personally identifiable information then they would need your permission and that’s where GDPR comes in.
Not arguing with you as I don't know the GDPR regulations, but I honestly don't think the retailer would ask for my permission to keep the image of my face if I was arrested for theft or not scanning items in purpose and getting caught.

If City wanted to introduce face recognition in the future, if it's double on such a large scale, they will put it in the terms and conditions of buying a season ticket. There are ways around everything.

What would happen if you transferred your ticket through friends and family ? Would the Club need to have photos of all friends and family ?
This feels like a very large sledgehammer to crack a very small nut.
In my post I put that anyone with a supporter number would be required to upload a photo to their account. So any officially transferred ticket would show that photo upon entry to the stadium.

That’s CCTV not facial recognition. It just records your actions at the till in case there’s a dispute and they need evidence of theft so won’t be stored against your personal details. Security guards and police could still watch it for known criminals though to intervene.

If the store wanted to keep an image of your face and store that in a database against your personally identifiable information then they would need your permission and that’s where GDPR comes in.
They would ask for expressed consent or you don't get in.

That is the only thing that really changed with DPA 2018 on in that area. Other people being able to see your face on screen as you come in shouldn't be a problem as you are there yourself showing your face all game.

Have you used the tills where you are being filmed as you scan the items? You can see your face and the items you are scanning and buying on the screen above you. I usually wave and make faces at the camera when I’m scanning the items. Nobody has ever asked if they can film me whilst I’m scanning the items.
Actually no. F*** the robot till tarts!

According to a few articles the regulator will only be looking at how clubs are run not at any issues affecting supporters directly.
The role does not cover fan issues such as ticketing, fixtures moved for TV or the inability of the FA to set the date and kick-off times for the FA Cup semi-finals and final within a few hours of the draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.