Ticketing Compliance Manager - Man City

Costco has 100,000’s of members spread throughout the UK. There is a constant stream of people going in and out of one entrance and one exit everyday, all day. Queues do build up at the entrance, mainly at the weekends. The rest of the week it’s a pretty steady flow of people with no hold ups.(no more Costco posts)

At City there are numerous turnstiles around the ground. People enter the stadium at different times. The hold ups are people getting their mobiles out, waiting for their season tickets to show up on their mobiles, scanning their season tickets on the scanner, and waiting until the turnstiles allow them into the stadium. Then there are season tickets that don’t work at the turnstiles for one reason or another, which is one of the main reasons for the hold ups. Not to mention match day ticket problems.

No entrance system is fast enough or fail proof to cope with the amount of people entering any venue, be it a stadium, an arena, or a Costco at anyone time.

Eventually there will be face or eye recognition system that will scan either or both and allow the person into the stadium. It would be a nightmare to set up, but once it was up and running it would make gaining entry into a stadium much quicker.

Last edited:
It would do away with being able to buy multiple tickets for low key games, without allocating them to someone on their database.
Which is the system they had in early CoMS days, you needed an Access Card with a name for each ticket, until box office south opened in 2005/06 and they started dishing out paper tickets.

Costco has 100,000’s of members spread throughout the UK. There is a constant stream of people going in and out of one entrance and one exit everyday, all day. Queues do build up at the entrance, mainly at the weekends. The rest of the week it’s a pretty steady flow of people with no hold ups.(no more Costco posts)

At City there are numerous turnstiles around the ground. People enter the stadium at different times. The hold ups are people getting their mobiles out, waiting for their season tickets to show up on their mobiles, scanning their season tickets on the scanner, and waiting until the turnstiles allow them into the stadium. Then there are season tickets that don’t work at the turnstiles for one reason or another, which is one of the main reasons for the hold ups. Not to mention match day ticket problems.

No entrance system is fast enough or fail proof to cope with the amount of people entering any venue, be it a stadium, an arena, or a Costco at anyone time.

Eventually there will be face or eye recognition system that will scan either or both and allow the person into the stadium. It would be a nightmare to set up, but once it was up and running it would make gaining entry into a stadium much quicker.

If GDPR permits.

If GDPR permits.

Have you used the tills where you are being filmed as you scan the items? You can see your face and the items you are scanning and buying on the screen above you. I usually wave and make faces at the camera when I’m scanning the items. Nobody has ever asked if they can film me whilst I’m scanning the items.

Why are the osc and other fan groups doing nothing collective publicly About this, when there is regular issues at away games with regulars in minor altercations with tourists/corporates in the away section with no idea who half the players are let alone songs. All for new support etc, but there’s no way these fans are paying face value for tickets, never mind whether they deserve to be there or not. everyone in football knows the power of a packed feisty away end can have in terms of impacting a game yet arguably our most passionate away followings are now found at the less ‘attractive’ away games due to the cloak and dagger ticket allocation. If its solely the club who’s creaming money off this then maybe there’s nothing anyone can do, but that doesn’t seem that likely - they could add 20p to a match day pint at home games and make much more. Seems more likely that the real coin is being made by box owners and corporates selling on their tickets to the highest bidder - and way more so in the past two seasons than ever it seems.

Why are the osc and other fan groups doing nothing collective publicly About this, when there is regular issues at away games with regulars in minor altercations with tourists/corporates in the away section with no idea who half the players are let alone songs. All for new support etc, but there’s no way these fans are paying face value for tickets, never mind whether they deserve to be there or not. everyone in football knows the power of a packed feisty away end can have in terms of impacting a game yet arguably our most passionate away followings are now found at the less ‘attractive’ away games due to the cloak and dagger ticket allocation. If its solely the club who’s creaming money off this then maybe there’s nothing anyone can do, but that doesn’t seem that likely - they could add 20p to a match day pint at home games and make much more. Seems more likely that the real coin is being made by box owners and corporates selling on their tickets to the highest bidder - and way more so in the past two seasons than ever it seems.
Do you really think the club are going to risk upsetting corporate’s and box owners who are spending thousands of pounds a season by clamping down on them putting away tickets on resale sites? If I were to get caught doing it with my £455 season ticket in SSL3 then I might get punished, but corporate’s??? I can’t see it.

Have you used the tills where you are being filmed as you scan the items? You can see your face and the items you are scanning and buying on the screen above you. I usually wave and make faces at the camera when I’m scanning the items. Nobody has ever asked if they can film me whilst I’m scanning the items.
That’s CCTV not facial recognition. It just records your actions at the till in case there’s a dispute and they need evidence of theft so won’t be stored against your personal details. Security guards and police could still watch it for known criminals though to intervene.

If the store wanted to keep an image of your face and store that in a database against your personally identifiable information then they would need your permission and that’s where GDPR comes in.

The OSC get a 20% allocation for away games. Probably a bit less when loads of ex players are wanting tickets for a Brighton title decider.
Plenty more when City can’t sell out the away end in a Champs League group fixture.

Branches are responsible for ensuring these tickets are allocated to members within the local Branch and any other rules. For example, a minimum of a match day membership is now the norm.

As somebody who runs an OSC Branch and talks to other Branch Secretaries. We despise touting if that is what happened with part of the 80%, bulk of the allocation. We are just not interested in the sort of student union protests that some on her advocate.

I’m sceptical but it might be that the ticket compliance manager helps the club to show restraint on season ticket prices by stopping lost revenue by junior tickets being sold ad adults. They might even do something about a minority of away tickets ending up in the wrong hands. They might be wishful thinking of course.

The most noticeable instances of what you describe has been from player allocations. The infamous 200 Belgium Blues at Arsenal etc. That said, city might have allowed because not all away games at Arsenal sold out before then because the ridiculous situation of away fans having to pay £63 for a ticket.

If you want the OSC to do something then ask your Branch Secretary to raise the issue at the Exec meeting.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.