Ticketing Compliance Manager - Man City

They do, as I work at Costco. Member Services on the entrance check every card, including the picture, as a member goes into the store. The card is also scanned to see if the membership has expired. Green or red light. If the membership has expired, red light, the member has to go to the membership desk to renew their membership before they are let in to the warehouse. Checking the picture is a quick process. I've done it myself when I was briefly on Member Services.
I'm a member and go regularly, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they started implementing this at the Etihad one day. When you renew your season ticket the club could make it a requirement you upload a picture of yourself and it links to your SN then A screen on the other side of each turnstile, a steward checking it. Job done.

It's very doable.

Wow. Our two tickets in SSL2 might both be available. I've already promised them to my mate and his boy at £35 each.

Probably the reason why I'll never be rich.
I’ve done the same. Typical that the derby is the only game I can’t make this season. Still, a younger blue gets to experience a derby for the first time.

I'm a member and go regularly, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they started implementing this at the Etihad one day. When you renew your season ticket the club could make it a requirement you upload a picture of yourself and it links to your SN then A screen on the other side of each turnstile, a steward checking it. Job done.

It's very doable.

Yes, Easy to do. A picture of your face will show on your mobile along with your season ticket.

As you know. At Costco you stand Infront of a white board, a small camera is pointed in your direction, takes a picture of your face, which shows on a monitor, a membership card is put into a small printer, a picture of your face along with your name and membership number is printed on your membership card. Takes a couple of minutes.

Last edited:
I’m not saying it’s not physically possible.

But could Costco cope if 55,000 shoppers all turned up within the space of an hour or so?
Fair point, but it's something I'd imagine would get trailed before putting in place....hope it doesn't happen personally for the reason you stated above

Regarding the posts above about having photo ID attached to your membership. It wouldn't be too difficult to require a current photo to be uploaded to your account for anyone with a supporter number. That photo could then be displayed on a screen on entry and stewards could either do nothing or stop you for a further check to ensure that you are the person the ticket is allocated to.

I could definitely see that happening.

Yeah, get some proper James Bond style scanning to get us in.

Regarding the posts above about having photo ID attached to your membership. It wouldn't be too difficult to require a current photo to be uploaded to your account for anyone with a supporter number. That photo could then be displayed on a screen on entry and stewards could either do nothing or stop you for a further check to ensure that you are the person the ticket is allocated to.

I could definitely see that happening.

It would do away with being able to buy multiple tickets for low key games, without allocating them to someone on their database.

Just another kick in the teeth to force fans to only use their ticket exchange so they can exploit the 'new fans' by giving us £30 for our bought back ticket and sell it to them for £70.

Yet they will make out we are the crooks in all this.
If only they were only resold at just £70!
For the big matches they’re sold for £200 as hospitality tickets and include a £30 meal you don’t want at Vermilion or somewhere else you don’t want to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.