Ticketless BlueMooners, let's do this.

Ok so Mary's is good, we should assume though it will be bloody rammed early and keep looking, BlueMoonz1977's info hopefully will be good news to :)

TCIB said:
I called the Macdonald hotel and this is the info so far...

For a half room seating 50 people for the afternoon is 600 quid. It has 2 large projector screens and a bar in the suite.

What do we think ?

Edit:: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.viewmanchester.co.uk/pubsandbars/bars-to-watch-football-in-manchester-recommended-manchester-1889.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.viewmanchester.co.uk/pubsand ... -1889.html</a>

This site seems decent to whittle down poss locations also.

Is the match on sky though as they wont show the foreign channel?...or will they?<br /><br />-- Tue May 08, 2012 3:50 pm --<br /><br />
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Guys, Would you say it would be okay to go to Mary d's around 2:30pm? Can't get a ticket but want to be as close to the ground as poss and want to take my 6year old son as well??

I took my eight year old nephew into Mary D's for the FA cup final - was fine and I will probably be bring him on Sunday as well :) Dont know about getting in at that time though?

DJRobb said:
Blag it !! Show them your card, how will they know if it is active or not? Then when it comes to kick off time, just say you can't be arsed walking all that way to the ground !! Thats our plan anyway. Never had a problem getting into Mary D's at all, I would have prefered Eastlands bar, but Mary's is closer to stagger to the stadium after we win.
Forgot about my card when I said I didn't have a ticket. Blue member. Looking to be in Mary's around midday. As for getting in around 2:30' I'd say that is very unlikely. Those that are going to the match will have largely gone at that stage, but there'll be more to take their place.

If you can put me +1. The +1 being the long haired Sgt Major, (misses) Sorry for the Military puns, but recently got out the Armed Forces & hence the reason my account shows I've been a member since 2009. Been lurking in the shadows.. Has the venue been decided yet, Mary D's or the hotel?

Don Karleone said:
SUNDAY 13TH MAY - MANCHESTER CITY V QPR

Mary Ds Bar is open from 10am on Sunday. You do not need a ticket to gain entrance into the Bar.

DJ will be providing music as normal as well as the cafe being open for food.

Entrance will be on a first come first served basis and we must warn you that once at full capacity entrance will be on a one in one out basis.

The game will be being shown and you are welcome to come and watch the game with us and hopefully celebrate City becoming champions.

Any question please ask below.

From their twitter

This is bloody lucky as I lost my wallet on Sunday and my blue card was in it, I thought knowing my luck they'd be asking for my membership!

TCIB said:
Ok so Mary's is good, we should assume though it will be bloody rammed early and keep looking, BlueMoonz1977's info hopefully will be good news to :)

Sounds good to me, will be up early and have a couple of Weetabix to start the day and then catch the early train into manny with my lad....

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
That's what i was worried about....hopefully someone can get in touch with them and find out if at around 2:30pm they will be letting in fans without tickets....once it dies down. Someone mentioned earlier that they may be announcing something on twitter about what their plans are......
I have a ticket for the match but if nobody's found out what's happening at Mary D's before 7 o'clock tonight I will personally go in and ask the landlord myself as I will be passing there. I will post back on here as soon as I know the details. I also know of another hotel very near to the Kippax pub that has a bar area or maybe a function room available at the right price (the MacDonald hotel seems pricey at 600 quid!)

The Holiday Inn on Oldham Rd? If not, could be a good bet...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.