Tickets home - Real Madrid - Sold out

I'm pretty sure that I read on this thread a couple of days ago that on the first day of sales, you could indeed buy an extra ticket regardless of being on the cup scheme or not, but the club withdrew that offer at some point on the second day of sales, in which case DD could be correct in what he is saying.

Not taking sides here btw.

they had a limited window to shift 35000 tickets so I don't blame them
Whilst I agree with this, it could still have been structured better than it was Bill, much as is done for Euro aways at short notice.
Cup scheme didn't need any time, but could have been given a few hours to buy an extra, say 9-1 on Monday, as a reward for supporting the cup scheme in the first place, then sc not on the scheme until close of play Tuesday, then Cityzen card who have attended say 3 games on Wednesday, then rest of Cityzen cards on Thursday, then any left.

Also allowing new cityzen cards to be bought on the day or day before, then buy a ticket was out of order, that should have had some purchase history on it imho.

As it is I ordered an extra (paper ticket) on Monday, and I still haven't had the email confirming either my normal one, or the extra ticket, nor the extra paper ticket. I have phoned to confirm both, and have the confirmation from my online account printed out just in case.

Not quite true DD, as a season card holder on the scheme you definitely could get 2 initially (then 1) extra tickets at the start, you just needed to login and do it. It seemed to end in the early evening, but as someone on the cup scheme, you could have got at least 1 extra for quite a while.

I'm on the Cup Scheme and could only get two on one card from the first morning of sales. I had to release my one reserved ticket to get two seats together!

I'm on the Cup Scheme and could only get two on one card from the first morning of sales.
Misunderstanding I think. At 9am, in the unlikely even you could actually get on the website, I'm pretty sure you could have had 2 extra on top of the one you had already (in cup scheme), it was quickly reduced to 1 (within the hour), I doubt many got 2 though, as for most of that time you were struggling to connect to the website at all.

Ultimately not everyone is going to agree in principle or in implementation.

The one thing I think we can all agree on is that the club panicked - you'd have thought that the club would have learned from previous issues with the site and how they've permitted people to purchase tickets however in this instance they paid too much weight on the PSG lethargy and disgruntlement.

Hopefully it'll be a lot fairer and simpler when it comes to selling tickets for the final :)

I can't even begin to imagine the chaos that must ensue in the actual printing of the paper tickets.

I've seen tickets printed at the window but surely there must be some special room to print and despatch them.

having read all the moaning, some justified some not, I think its fair to say the club have got this right. dead simple, if you want to go the "big" games you have to commit. those who have season cards should where possible sign up to the cup schemes. people say oh they should do this and I've been to every game and so on. well if you have been to every game buy or at join the list for season card. if work or money prevents that then I'm sorry you miss out. no good coming on here wanting the club to change the system to suit you. so many shunned the psg game and now they want back in as we've reached the semi's. not one bit of this is down to the club, they saw slow sales for psg and decided to act. ok 4 per ticket was a bit much but to get rid of the tickets quickly they did 2 at a time. what else could they do? wait for people NOT ON THE SCHEME to decide whether to go or not? no chance, they had a limited window to shift 35000 tickets so I don't blame them. the moaners, if they have any sense should sign up next year, even for the CL alone, my ticket was allocated and paid for Sunday night.no phoning up queue, no site crashing and no two hour wait at the stadium, piece of piss. don't forget I got a fiver off to boot. sorry, no brainer.
Spot on. On occasions like this, people will always look at how it affects them and then form a judgement. Those on the Cup Scheme aren't bothered, those not on the scheme are moaning - there's no middle ground.
Everybody knows the deal when you sign up for the scheme, you get your tickets guaranteed and there's no messing about. It's one of the perks you get for turning up against Monchengladbach and Kiev rather than just cherry-picking the Madrid Semi Final.

Whilst it could have been handled differently by the club, you always get these "fiascos" when high demand tickets go on sale(see Glastonbury, Stone Roses, Adele etc).

having read all the moaning, some justified some not, I think its fair to say the club have got this right. dead simple, if you want to go the "big" games you have to commit. those who have season cards should where possible sign up to the cup schemes. people say oh they should do this and I've been to every game and so on. well if you have been to every game buy or at join the list for season card. if work or money prevents that then I'm sorry you miss out. no good coming on here wanting the club to change the system to suit you. so many shunned the psg game and now they want back in as we've reached the semi's. not one bit of this is down to the club, they saw slow sales for psg and decided to act. ok 4 per ticket was a bit much but to get rid of the tickets quickly they did 2 at a time. what else could they do? wait for people NOT ON THE SCHEME to decide whether to go or not? no chance, they had a limited window to shift 35000 tickets so I don't blame them. the moaners, if they have any sense should sign up next year, even for the CL alone, my ticket was allocated and paid for Sunday night.no phoning up queue, no site crashing and no two hour wait at the stadium, piece of piss. don't forget I got a fiver off to boot. sorry, no brainer.
Not a lot wrong with those sentiments William.This is the only Cup Scheme I`m on and how the fuck could I have criticised the Club had I not got any tickets for the League Cup & FA Cup matches.My loss,someone elses gain.My problem !!

As for those waiting for paper tickets, I have used the E-ticket system before and it works a treat! Select that option if you don't want to use your card, print it off and you are immediately in receipt of a 'paper ticket.'

No hassle at the turnstyles. Works just like a paper ticket. And if your dog ate it or you washed it in your jeans or it spontaneously combusted, just print off another!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.