Tickets home - Real Madrid - Sold out

i notice that when you're on the cup scheme you don't receive a paper ticket.

is this a flaw of being on the cup schemes, or is there an option somewhere to still receive a proper ticket?

Not hand -wringing but how about if you work away from home in the week but are made redundant at Christmas?
Why would you shell out for the cup scheme when you can't get to the games?

Possibly only me that this applies to so I've had to bite the bullet today and queue.

But I guess there are many other reasons that people didn't sign up on SC renewal.

So slagging them off and calling them glory-hunters without knowing their circumstances is the mark of a total prick.

I'd be more concerned where a lot of these additional tickets that SC holders can buy will eventually end up. I stood next to a delightful young Japanese couple in 116 for the last Barca game.

I never called anyone a “glory hunter”. I accept that circumstances such as yours make commitment difficult, but the vast majority of folk complaining on here could and should have joined the cup scheme. But they can’t be arsed doing the “hard miles” of the group stages, or the commitment to go to all the home european games. Then start complaining that it takes a bit of waiting for a semi final in one of the biggest games in our history. Our european crowds have been relatively woeful - from the Napoli game right up to Kiev, there have been tickets available for every single solitary game, Barca included. Then, when the club decide to shift the semi tickets quickly, all faux-outrage breaks out.

And the bottome line with this game, as with any game - if you truly want a ticket, you’ll find a way. And I say that as someone who scrimped and scraped and paid way over the odds for many, many matches. It’s a choice.

To let season ticket holders buy 2 tickets for this game was not stupid it was done deliberately to create a scramble as you say, I love City but there are people at the club making decisions like this who have no idea or understanding of the club or fans, theyre a disgrace & the fact they're may be fans who've been to every Champions league game & now can't go to the big one just because City want to sell out quickly is disgusting & shows everyone what these vile people think of us

Good point. It was the initial four seats per season card holder that was madness!

I think you misunderstand our fan base. It is predominantly working class. People have to prioritise.
It gets seriously expensive to have a season card and be in the cup schemes if you can't attend the cup games due to work, family reasons or a change in
kick off time to suit the BBC.
A lot of our fans simply cannot afford it. Maybe you are lucky and it's OK for you but everyone is not that fortunate.

The seat planner on day one against PSG backs that up. Hardly anyone in SS3 who have £299 ST are in the CL cup scheme. Affordability is an issue to lots of people. Until the tourist and day tripper base grows this won't change hence the reason we don't sell out often in cup games unless they are priced very low. The fan base is growing though and crowds are increasing in cup games but we have a few years to go I think before we regularly sell out these games.

Real Madrid in the CL semi final.....the club should of anticipated this.
4 tickets per card,then 2....the club should of anticipated this.
A 5 hour slot.....the club should of anticipated this.
Whoever came up with the idea of 4 tickets,then 2 per card,included with a 5 hour slot...wants fucking IMO.
Was always going to be a scramble as of 9am today.

But we've only heard from those who had a problem. I logged in at 11.am and had my ticket by 11.15. I bet loads of others have been patient and successful

Yes I left it before the PSG game because I knew I couldn't afford to cancel work bookings AND fork out £50 for a ticket. I am able to make the Madrid game and eventually got a ticket but that doesn't make today's farce acceptable.

I have got no qualms with anybody who couldn't afford to go. I offered a free ticket to somebody in a similar boat for the PSG game. It was the shouting from the roof tops about withdrawing from the Champs League where some let themselves down!

It would be a bit like people enjoying the MUEN slating the Club for today's ticketing problems!

I think you misunderstand our fan base. It is predominantly working class. People have to prioritise.
It gets seriously expensive to have a season card and be in the cup schemes if you can't attend the cup games due to work, family reasons or a change in
kick off time to suit the BBC.
A lot of our fans simply cannot afford it. Maybe you are lucky and it's OK for you but everyone is not that fortunate.

How come you know so much about our fanbase? Our fanbase is no different from any other club's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.