Tickets this season

Disagree, in the current financial climate it will be 1000’s. We know we loose a significant number of ST every year normally. With energy bills as they are on top of the cost of living crisis, football will not be peoples number 1 priority. We risk losing those people for good we are making it so difficult/expensive to buy a ticket, barmy!!

I know plenty of season ticket holders and have been to Bournemouth & Palace on their tickets. But holiday season is now over and they are goin to the games.

My cousin has 2 lads, both 9 and football mad. Wants to take them to their first game. Has realised the cost and faff to buy a tickets and has decided not to bother. So short sighted by City imo.

Not suggesting any kind of bargain basket. Not sure what youre on about. There are tickets via exchange for spuds available, but not to all a few days before a game. The Membership was designed to give priority access to tickets, not close it off completely, so they said. Bizarre strategy by the club
But the exchange is there for a reason, to resell tickets at a High price, as I said no point having it if the Club are just going to resell for the same price or lower on open sale
(Spuds is about £70 on the exchange, let the wealthy pay it and choose another game)

Most Clubs dont even have the option of reselling a S/T.

I would suggest your Cousin gets 1 Adult and 1 kids membership, pick and choose games and take the kids 1 at a time.
You too could share the Adult 1 and split costs.
I paid £17 in SS2 for Palace for my Lad, (after buying £20 membership in Summer) would've been cheaper in Level 1.
Will use it several times over the season and recoup the £20.

your cousin could take his kids to cup games or early round champs league games,cup games normaly a good price.

Its what my sister does with her 2 kids.
Yeah, night games are out due to the lateness (unless school holidays maybe). The boys want to see Haaland (no surprise) and i guess there's a risk he wont play in the early rounds of cup games which would be a disappointment for them first time round.

Last edited:
Yeah, night games are out due to the lateness (unless school holidays naybe). The boys want to see Haaland (no surprise) and i guess there's a risk he wont play in the early rounds of cup games which would be a disappointment for them first time round.
That can always happen,players get injured too.
If you have a membership,i presume you could buy for him,i can as a season tickets holder,i buy for my sister, i recieve a email from city to download the ticket/tickets and just forward it on to her,where she downloads it.

Agreed. But they have records of me attending games for 20 years at this ground. So im hardly a JCL.

I also have no issue with priority for people with the membership. But thtas passed now surely, why are Spuds not on open sale (whether exchange tickets or not) 3 days before the game….?
I agree mate. Not really bothered in the past with the paid membership myself since the citycard or whatever it was at Maine Road as didn't really see the need to- demands obviously increased now. It's yet another reason I don't like them selling all the fixtures at the start of the season to members. Those with enough money can buy up all the games or the more glamourous fixtures straight off the bat- whereas those less well off can't. If people couldn't justify spending the £35 membership on top of tickets they are now excluded.
Spurs game should be on open sale now in my opinion- maybe to those who have been to a few games previously or something if the intention is to ensure away fans don't end up in the home end.

I've got the adult membership pack and at least you get a percentage off tickets. I've bought my ticket for Brighton, Wolves and West Ham. I like that I can buy the tickets for all home games, but I totally understand the frustration and how it could be open to abuse.

I have to time the trains from Edinburgh to Manchester Piccadilly and aim for what I hope are 3pm kick offs... otherwise, it's the drive down and back and no beer.

ps. any spares for the rags would be welcome!

But the exchange is there for a reason, to resell tickets at a High price, as I said no point having it if the Club are just going to resell for the same price or lower on open sale
(Spuds is about £70 on the exchange, let the wealthy pay it and choose another game)

Most Clubs dont even have the option of reselling a S/T.

I would suggest your Cousin gets 1 Adult and 1 kids membership, pick and choose games and take the kids 1 at a time.
You too could share the Adult 1 and split costs.
I paid £17 in SS2 for Palace for my Lad, (after buying £20 membership in Summer) would've been cheaper in Level 1.
Will use it several times over the season and recoup the £20.
Take the kids one at a time...??? Like that's ever going to happen lol. They just wont go, that's the point. So less actual bums on seats and not pulling in the next generation all rolled into one. Amazingly stupid strategy from the club.

The ticket exchange is a good thing. Or was. This new criteria is compromising its own effectiveness.

I agree mate. Not really bothered in the past with the paid membership myself since the citycard or whatever it was at Maine Road as didn't really see the need to- demands obviously increased now. It's yet another reason I don't like them selling all the fixtures at the start of the season to members. Those with enough money can buy up all the games or the more glamourous fixtures straight off the bat- whereas those less well off can't. If people couldn't justify spending the £35 membership on top of tickets they are now excluded.
Spurs game should be on open sale now in my opinion- maybe to those who have been to a few games previously or something if the intention is to ensure away fans don't end up in the home end.
100%, no excuse that tickets on the exchange cant be sold to people with previous buying history now. Would get more bums on seats and hopefully younger fans will get to go aswell. Who ever in the club thinks this strategy is in the best interests of the club are puddled!!

Last edited:
Take the kids one at a time...??? Like that's ever going to happen lol. They just wont go, that's the point. So less actual bums on seats and not pulling in the next generation all rolled into one. Amazingly stupid strategy from the club.

The ticket exchange is a good thing. Or was. This new criteria is compromising its own effectiveness.
More fool them then, unless the kids are conjoined twins then they don't have to go together

Not sure if this is the right thread -

I'm a ST holder and bought an extra two tickets on the site this afternoon for the Southampton game, to bring a work pal and his mate.

The purchase went though and I've had a confirmation email but the actual mobile tickets haven't come through yet. Obviously I'll need to forward them on to him.

How long do they usually take?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.