Tight arsed people you know (Or could be yourself)

I walk to the pub 3 miles away. I get the Covid incentive bus for £1 on the way back after 7pm. Drinks of quaffable ale cost £2.50, so my pub spend a week is normally £21 max as I only do it once a week these days.

I would spend the same in about 1988.

I walk to the pub 3 miles away. I get the Covid incentive bus for £1 on the way back after 7pm. Drinks of quaffable ale cost £2.50, so my pub spend a week is normally £21 max as I only do it once a week these days.

I would spend the same in about 1988.
Wtf is a covid incentive bus ?

I'm tight in some ways I admit.....Now were retired me and the wife go for regular walks near the beach. We like a coffee at some point but we refuse to pay almost $10 for 2 coffee's so we find a 7/11 and buy two $1 coffee's and find a nice bench near the beach. Over the last 2 years of covid I reckon we've saved around $4000.

Walk 5 days a week so $10 a day coffee would be $50 a week = $2500 a year X 2 years = $5000
Minus 5 days @ $2 a day = $10 a week = $500 a year X 2 = $1000

Total saved = $4000.

Ker-ching !!
You'd save far more if you made a flask of coffee at home and took it with you Bill.

Ker-ching !! Ker-ching !! Ker-ching !!

My wife (and myself to a certain degree) has an obsession for saving /not spending money..
We had a letter from our electrical supplier a few years ago telling us that we use 90% less electric than other houses our size!
We even have to switch the microwave off at the plug once we’ve used it because the clock uses power lol ..

I'm tight in some ways I admit.....Now were retired me and the wife go for regular walks near the beach. We like a coffee at some point but we refuse to pay almost $10 for 2 coffee's so we find a 7/11 and buy two $1 coffee's and find a nice bench near the beach. Over the last 2 years of covid I reckon we've saved around $4000.

Walk 5 days a week so $10 a day coffee would be $50 a week = $2500 a year X 2 years = $5000
Minus 5 days @ $2 a day = $10 a week = $500 a year X 2 = $1000

Total saved = $4000.

Ker-ching !!
You really are a Walker for a Bill!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.