Time added on

Agree Independent time keeper with remaining time visible. As an aside I think we should be able to hear var discussion as well. Mike the bastards up.
If people think there is a conspiracy to the time keeping,then surly an independent time keeper will be in on it and nothing will change.

Valencia v Real Madrid, much as I dislike Real Madrid I’d be really mad if that happened to us. No doubt the referee is correct according to the letter of law but so wrong according to the spirit of the game.

There is so much riding on games now that an independent time keeper is warranted, so EVERYONE can see the actual stoppages and the refs can be held to a standard.
Do you mean like the "independent" on field and VAR officials that we already have?

Still an advocate of the stop clock, play stops the clock does, play resumes the clock does

Last edited:
Still an advocate of the stop clock, play tops the clocck does, play resumes the clock does
Of course there are examples of better ways to apply rules in other sports but for obvious reasons this is not wanted in football.
The more control over refs and var the better to influence results.

Of course there are examples of better ways to apply rules in other sports but for obvious reasons this is not wanted in football.
The more control over refs and var the better to influence results.
what obvious reasons?

genuimely I habeno idea how itcwpuld damage the game more tham the extra time rule

It wwpuld be based on the refs whistle to stop it or ball going out of play, at a goal kock or free kicks play remimes when tje ball has been played, a goalie fucking about wouldn't run down the clock as until he kicks it time is stopped.

Refs making up extra time as it stands is failing, plus this is about time wasting not on field VAR affected decisions and games, purely how we get 90 mins of football ll.

The refs are wank as are the changed rules, until offside and handball are sorted and we have competent refs, timewastingnamd stupid levels of added time will remain along with bad VAR decissions

Still an advocate of the stop clock, play tops the clocck does, play resumes the clock does
The average ball in play time last season was 54’ 30”. I wouldn’t want 18 minutes injury time each half and then another 6 mins extra IJ due to the ball out of play in injury time and then another 2 mins extra extra IJ. Each half would last 71 minutes, a match kicking off at 3 would finish just before 6pm.

I’m not a fan of these lengthy injury times that have come into the game myself. Players are using it to add game breaks into the match and the refs are giving fewer cards for time wasting. There’s a clue in the term “injury time” telling us what the time added on is in lieu of.

The average ball in play time last season was 54’ 30”. I wouldn’t want 18 minutes injury time each half and then another 6 mins extra IJ due to the ball out of play in injury time and then another 2 mins extra extra IJ. Each half would last 71 minutes, a match kicking off at 3 would finish just before 6pm.

I’m not a fan of these lengthy injury times that have come into the game myself. Players are using it to add game breaks into the match and the refs are giving fewer cards for time wasting. There’s a clue in the term “injury time” telling us what the time added on is in lieu of.
last season we were getting these prolonged "rest/tactics breaks" and 1-3 minutes being adde on not the true playing time lost, now wlthey have changed it to it being properly counted and why we have seen 8-10 minutes this season, but it is still at tge 4th officials judgement of the suggested time and the onfield refs then making up whatever they wamt and as we keep seeing, games go over the time normally to the advantage of the red shorted teams.
Add to that time wasting hasn't stopped or kickimg the ball away/leaving it put of touch

The idea was we get more football within in the 90 mins as players would stop time wasting, faking injury and quickly get the ball into play after a stoppage, it hasn't happened, what we have is games playing for over 100 minutes, this method, a stop clock, independant timekeeper all of them could work but only if players , managers amd officials are willing to play football not fuck about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.