Time catching up with Zabaleta?

A great player and someone who bought into the club, area and fan base. If the rumours are true looks like we may be looking to replace him or Sagna. 'On Saturday, the Spanish newspaper report Guardiola has made a specific request to Manchester City to sign Real Madrid star Dani Carvajal.' Can't see us getting this guy but a good player.

Could be but there are a few signs that his speed to the ball is no longer quick enough. I think we could well see a new RB next season. Sagna has done well but he is no spring chicken either.

That could just be rustyness tough.

"Looked his age sadly" he's just turned 31! People making it sound as though he should be retiring or something. The likelihood is that he's got a couple of years left at the top level and one or 2 more after that (though possibly not at a team with our ambitions). People were saying Sagna was finished last year but he's proven this year he isn't finished and he's two years older than Zaba

I can't understand so many people thinking Sagna should stay ahead of Zabba. Not only is Sagna out of contract, he will be 34 next year and whereas he's had a decent season he failed to provide decent competition last season - when we needed it- Zabba will probably leave because at his age he wants to play and doesn't really suit 10-15 appearances per year. Since he signed he has been a legend in the true sense of the word. No problems when left out, few injuries, immersed into Manchester culture and even went regularly to youth games to support the club. I can even forgive his singing Status Quo! What a guy and unlike others who don't deserve the tag he has been superb for City. If he moves on I hope the club appreciate what he has done and £ for £ has been probably one of, if not the best signing in our recent history.

The Zabman bleeds blue and there is no way he is finished. As The Fat el Hombre says, he has more years left at the top level. He is rusty because he hasn't played a lot this season, but he has the footballing brain we need. I hope when he finally hangs up his boots he stays with us in some capacity. Zaba for ever.

He is not finished,he was excellent at last years copa america so he still had it until his knee injury and he has hardly played since so not much chance to get fully up to speed.Whether pep rates him remains to be seen but as i understand it the fullbacks in his team don't have to get up and down so much as he uses proper wingers??

He is not finished,he was excellent at last years copa america so he still had it until his knee injury and he has hardly played since so not much chance to get fully up to speed.Whether pep rates him remains to be seen but as i understand it the fullbacks in his team don't have to get up and down so much as he uses proper wingers??
He again has another World Cup qualification this summer.

Sadly , he is no longer the player he was and we will move on.

Zaba desperately needs a summer without tournament football if he wants to continue playing at very top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.