Time for a new tune?

I've said it before, but we've got classic uplifting Manc tunes from the Hollies - He Ain't Heavy or, The Air That I Breathe. If Noel or Liam could tweak the lyrics and put it out before a cup final, it's job sorted.
Blue Moon is dire 'cause we only ever sing the dreary chorus.
All together now... "The road is lo-o-ong, with many a winding turn ..."
That’s a fucking MILES better song than Blue Moon!

We certainly need some (multiple) new City songs. They’re the songs everyone joins in with and they remain songs no matter which player or manager comes or goes from the club.

Blue Moon is a very dreary song but it’s connected to the club so it’s probably going nowhere.

I just wish the club would stop with the 5to3 karaoke. Singing along to music tannoy’d at us is not an atmosphere. It’s not at Anfield, Park Head, London Stadium or anywhere else that have some shite cheese on toast to sing along to a few minutes before kick off.

Our club song is not Blue Moon, however. It’s The Boys In Blue and always will be!

It might be considered dreary but week in week out its the loudest song sung at the Etihad. Simply because the verses do not go at the speed of sound, it is synonymous with the club, a tradition (of sorts) to herald a victory and long enough and recognisable enough for all corners of the ground to join in with.

We have got dozens of songs not worth repeating but Blue Moon is certainly not one of them.

With Oasis’ connection to the club I’ve never understood why their songs haven’t been embraced/turned into chants by our fans.

They’ve got a lot of songs that could be turned into chants and would do well as a lot of their music is very catchy.

Loved the Stop Crying Your Heart Out banter between Derby and Leeds last season; a perfect example of a song that would make a grant chant for us and would have more meaning to it than when it’s sung by fans of other clubs.

With Oasis’ connection to the club I’ve never understood why their songs haven’t been embraced/turned into chants by our fans.

They’ve got a lot of songs that could be turned into chants and would do well as a lot of their music is very catchy.

Loved the Stop Crying Your Heart Out banter between Derby and Leeds last season; a perfect example of a song that would make a grant chant for us and would have more meaning to it than when it’s sung by fans of other clubs.
City supporters are too old to try something new ;-)

In the tune to the zabba song.

Rodri and Garcia they are a fucking rock,
and when they play together there no one they cant stop,
they play in blue and white, for guardiolas men
AND WHEN WE WIN A PEN, WE'LL SING THIS SONG AGAIN! :P

Just had to use that minute to think of my mental health after reading that.

I've said it before, but we've got classic uplifting Manc tunes from the Hollies - He Ain't Heavy or, The Air That I Breathe. If Noel or Liam could tweak the lyrics and put it out before a cup final, it's job sorted.
Blue Moon is dire 'cause we only ever sing the dreary chorus.
All together now... "The road is lo-o-ong, with many a winding turn ..."

the chorus of ‘Oasis - Keeping the dream alive’ is perfect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.