Time To Back The Manager...

If the board don't want us to be buying more players it's not going to be on a whim.

Mancini is well within his rights to ask for what he wants, the board are well within their rights to say yes or no.

Without knowing our current situation financial/budget/FFP it's pretty hard to say whether they are right or wrong to do so.

FWIW, I don't think we need any signings to win the league.

For me the issue with squad recruitment is due to the mistakes made in the past by the previous manager and those that authorised the wages.

It is well documneted that Bobby has to sell before he can buy, the club want to make efforts towards FFP and reducing the outgoings of the club.

However the players Bobby prefers to progress without are proving difficult to get rid of due to the massive wages involved, attitude and in some instances the form of the respective players.

Whether that transfer policy was a neccessity to reach where we are is another debate. However this is preventing recruitment at the minute.

At the moment we have a number of players plying in there trade around the globe with City in many instances paying a large percentage of there wages (Ade, Santa Cruz etc) and other players such as Bridge, Tevez contributing nothin to any club at the minute.

Without knowing all the details, a realistic estimated would be that those four players alone are costing the club around 500k a week or 26 million a year. Figures not sustainable and quite rightly the club has placed the proviso that sales muct commence before recruitment. Not of Bobby's making but you can fully understand the position of the club.

Sigster100 said:
Plain Speaking said:
I think the board are failing to realise that although we may be top now, one or two players can transform a side. Spurs were transformed with Parker. United may be transformed with two key players. We musnt stand still if we want to win the league.

Indeed. If only we had a few more players we could be 3 points clear at the top of the premier league.....oh, hang on a mo....
We have already got a fantastic squad of players that is more than capable of winning this title...whose would you swap with right now?

But we lost our best striker in tevez aint it mate. Why is it wrong to get a replacement. Yaya plays as a AM for us so a good midfielder would surely help. But of course, this is only if we can get such quality in this transfer window.

hgblue said:
Totally agree with you mate. The Elephant in the room though is the likely availability of Mourinho at some stage, as he has publicly stated he's destined for a return to the Premier League. I'm guessing that unless something dramatically changes at OT, he will announce his availability at a time that will be least advantageous to Mancini. This means he has to win and keep winning to be safe and I think he knows that, hence the pressure.

A year or so ago it would have been a real dilemna for me if Mourinho was to express an interest in coming back to England, and us specifically.

But with his antics in the latter half of the season, and our improvement under Mancini I'm happy to stick with what we have.

hgblue said:
moomba said:
I'd be amazed and disappointed if second place was to cost Mancini his job.

We've moved forward as a club so much this year already. Much of that is down to him.

Totally agree with you mate. The Elephant in the room though is the likely availability of Mourinho at some stage, as he has publicly stated he's destined for a return to the Premier League. I'm guessing that unless something dramatically changes at OT, he will announce his availability at a time that will be least advantageous to Mancini. This means he has to win and keep winning to be safe and I think he knows that, hence the pressure.
IMO Mourinho has made all the rights noises to ingratiate himself with Utd to replace Ferguson.

If he goes to them Mourinho would love to destabilise us by flirting with us then going to Utd thus undermining Bobby's position. (That said he is the most successful manager in world football)

Sigster100 said:
Plain Speaking said:
I think the board are failing to realise that although we may be top now, one or two players can transform a side. Spurs were transformed with Parker. United may be transformed with two key players. We musnt stand still if we want to win the league.

Indeed. If only we had a few more players we could be 3 points clear at the top of the premier league.....oh, hang on a mo....
We have already got a fantastic squad of players that is more than capable of winning this title...whose would you swap with right now?

Real Madrid and Barcelona to name two.

But that's not the point of the thread. And neither is the clear quality already in our squad. The point is, as Mancini said, we're a few players short in our squad. We need another c/m player and another c/d player without question.

Timmmmahhhh said:
m35 blue68 said:
Samba - use to EPL, local, dominent, close to Mario.

Nick Barmby is also used to the Premier League.

Harry Kewell could fit back in, he has the experience.

Oh, and Samba isn't good enough.
Samba would get in most sides in the Prem and Europe. He's much better than many think he is.

BillyShears said:
Sigster100 said:
Plain Speaking said:

Real Madrid and Barcelona to name two.

But that's not the point of the thread. And neither is the clear quality already in our squad. The point is, as Mancini said, we're a few players short in our squad. We need another c/m player and another c/d player without question.

Actually did he really say this? I only remember him saying that we can see what happens once tevez and other players are sold. I think his only target for this window is DDR or someone similiar. If he is to get DDR, he would have to coax AS Roma with significant amounts of money (excessive of 12m pounds) and not the paltry 5 million that is mentioned. Because DDR still wants the best for Roma, his boyhood club. I think this is the only signing mancini REALLY wants to make. If we get him, we WILL win the league and bobby knows that.

Sigster100 said:
Plain Speaking said:

We have made hard work of our matches since we lost Yaya and VK. IMO Lescott is not good enough for where we want to go. Nasri has been disappointing and does not provide enough cover for Silva as originally intended. We need another forward to cover for injuries/suspensions and loss of form and to give options to break down increasingly defensive opposition sides. Rest on our "3 point lead" at our peril.

pauljv92 said:
Sigster100 said:
Plain Speaking said:

But we lost our best striker in tevez aint it mate. Why is it wrong to get a replacement. Yaya plays as a AM for us so a good midfielder would surely help. But of course, this is only if we can get such quality in this transfer window.

And we replaced him with Sergio. And aren't we a much better team with him in it than Tevez. we relied so heavily in him and now the goals are coming from several players rather than just one. As for AM's....Nasri, Johnson, Milner, Silva..how many do we need? Having followed the team for forty years, I still pinch mysef when I look at the players running out in their blue shirts every week. Think a few more people on here should do the same and not constantly want more and more and more. as I said before, this is a fantastic squad of players and disagree that at this stage we need to be rushing into buying anyone else at least until we offload several hangers on. we are in a great position already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.