Time To Back The Manager...

Didsbury Dave said:
ADUG mean business.

To be fair, so does Mancini. Which is why he's probably wondering why the richest club in the world with access to the resources they have, aren't prepared to let him bring in two players to help ensure the title comes to the Blue side of Manchester.

If anything, i expected the recent injury/acon/suspension situation to accelerate our transfer plans for Jan - but it seems Mancini wasn't kidding when he said that even after the unwanted three are gone, it's highly unlikely he'll be allowed to bring players. Otherwise they'd be in now IMO.

Anyway I'm sure we can muddle through and I'm still confident we'll win the title. I just feel the owners might be missing a trick in not doing the business Mancini wants this month...

Didsbury Dave said:
pauljv92 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
without a doubt that's the case.

Do you think this would be the absolute objective. I don't think so. If Mancini is sacked alot more bad will come out of it than good and that board knows that. There are not too many managers out there in the world who are better than our bobby.

Just to make it clear, I certainly don't think it's black and white that if we don't win the league he'll be sacked.

But it is his overriding objective. We have the best team and the best squad. If we don't win the league we have underachieved. And if we fuck it up then there's a chance he'll lose his job, depending on how it happens.

ADUG mean business.

You are only saying this because of United's current predicament and our 6-1 thrashing of them. You are not factoring in the fact that they have been winning for decades,that their squad has much better wingers than ours and also that CARLOS TEVEZ, our best player, turned his back on us . Bobby has got us through all this and to 3 points at the top, in spite of all this. Just because we have spent money on good players it doesn't guarantee anything. Even Chelsea couldn't do it on certain seasons no matter how much they had spent.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
alib said:
yeah and Samba could play up front in an emergency
Christ, that's one hell of an emergency....

Bit like sending a keeper up for a corner - now you wouldn't get a team challenging for the league doing something like that - or would you??

m35 blue68 said:
alib said:
yeah and Samba could play up front in an emergency

Bit like sending a keeper up for a corner - now you wouldn't get a team challenging for the league doing something like that - or would you??

I wholeheartedly believe that if Joe Hart was playing the FA derby, he would have got us the equalizer on the last cross. Panti is just not clinical enough....

Didsbury Dave said:
pauljv92 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
without a doubt that's the case.

Do you think this would be the absolute objective. I don't think so. If Mancini is sacked alot more bad will come out of it than good and that board knows that. There are not too many managers out there in the world who are better than our bobby.

Just to make it clear, I certainly don't think it's black and white that if we don't win the league he'll be sacked.

But it is his overriding objective. We have the best team and the best squad. If we don't win the league we have underachieved. And if we fuck it up then there's a chance he'll lose his job, depending on how it happens.

ADUG mean business.
I get the impression that you're going to be awfully pissed-off if we do win the league.

pauljv92 said:
m35 blue68 said:

I wholeheartedly believe that if Joe Hart was playing the FA derby, he would have got us the equalizer on the last cross. Panti is just not clinical enough....

Just doesnt quite have the right technique - what do they work on at training??

I think the board are failing to realise that although we may be top now, one or two players can transform a side. Spurs were transformed with Parker. United may be transformed with two key players. We musnt stand still if we want to win the league.

moomba said:
I'd be amazed and disappointed if second place was to cost Mancini his job.

We've moved forward as a club so much this year already. Much of that is down to him.

Totally agree with you mate. The Elephant in the room though is the likely availability of Mourinho at some stage, as he has publicly stated he's destined for a return to the Premier League. I'm guessing that unless something dramatically changes at OT, he will announce his availability at a time that will be least advantageous to Mancini. This means he has to win and keep winning to be safe and I think he knows that, hence the pressure.

Plain Speaking said:
I think the board are failing to realise that although we may be top now, one or two players can transform a side. Spurs were transformed with Parker. United may be transformed with two key players. We musnt stand still if we want to win the league.

Indeed. If only we had a few more players we could be 3 points clear at the top of the premier league.....oh, hang on a mo....
We have already got a fantastic squad of players that is more than capable of winning this title...whose would you swap with right now?

twinkletoes said:
Perhaps Mancini knows his job is on the line if he doesnt win the league.
Not a cat in hells chance he would be sacked if we failed but were close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.