Time To Ban Ticket Touting

JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
supply and demand

in that case why aren't they charging £500 outright? because the people who have the right to sell the ticket (ie. those putting on the entertainment) have deemed fair value on the front of the ticket, and that's how it should be. It shouldn't be up to some undesirable to charge 10x as much just because they bought the ticket first, it's not theirs (as the ToC's on many of these things inc. City tickets state) so they have no right to sell it, they're not making any contribution to the entertainment whatsoever, they have no part of it and should not be allowed to make a profit on it.
They should.

-- Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:52 pm --

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
supply and demand

in that case why aren't they charging £500 outright? because the people who have the right to sell the ticket (ie. those putting on the entertainment) have deemed fair value on the front of the ticket, and that's how it should be. It shouldn't be up to some undesirable to charge 10x as much just because they bought the ticket first, it's not theirs (as the ToC's on many of these things inc. City tickets state) so they have no right to sell it, they're not making any contribution to the entertainment whatsoever, they have no part of it and should not be allowed to make a profit on it.

Ahh, the innocence of youth

You'll learn that economies of scale are a must, especially for rich folk (:
This.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:54 pm --<br /><br />
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ticket touts have been part of football for years. Simple economics of demand and supply.

I haven't needed one for years, but I've bought tickets for both gigs and football games that I wouldn't have got to see otherwise. I once sold a bunch of tickets to an England game to a tout and made a load of money. But he was happy with the deal so it was like any other deal in a capitalist society.

I don't see the problem with the licensed touts either. Its just another business. As it stand I might even need one of those for BArcelona.

I don't understand why people jump on the moral high ground about this kind of stuff. If you don't like the prices don't pay them.

They are not providing a service. They are making a nice little tax free business for themselves. You make it sound like they are a community organisation!
I queued up outside the Palace Theatre for tickets to see Morrissey at the Apollo in 2009. There must have been 40 scrotes in front of us. All given money by their Fagin 15 mins before the ticket box opened and all bought 4 tickets each. I was the 3rd to last person to get tickets before the ''sold out'' sign went up - maybe 65 of us got served and 40 of those were scrotes working for the tout. People behind us were going mad.
So the tout now becomes the savior to Morrissey fans for providing a service to those who couldn't get tickets? That is bull shit. If no touts had bought tickets in the first place, 160 genuine fans would have obtained those tickets from the original source at the original price.
Touts are parasites.
Yeah but morrisey fans are generally cunts.

And they'd have had the energy to get there earlier if they ate meat.

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
supply and demand

They should.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

This.

-- Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:54 pm --

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ticket touts have been part of football for years. Simple economics of demand and supply.

I haven't needed one for years, but I've bought tickets for both gigs and football games that I wouldn't have got to see otherwise. I once sold a bunch of tickets to an England game to a tout and made a load of money. But he was happy with the deal so it was like any other deal in a capitalist society.

I don't see the problem with the licensed touts either. Its just another business. As it stand I might even need one of those for BArcelona.

I don't understand why people jump on the moral high ground about this kind of stuff. If you don't like the prices don't pay them.

They are not providing a service. They are making a nice little tax free business for themselves. You make it sound like they are a community organisation!
I queued up outside the Palace Theatre for tickets to see Morrissey at the Apollo in 2009. There must have been 40 scrotes in front of us. All given money by their Fagin 15 mins before the ticket box opened and all bought 4 tickets each. I was the 3rd to last person to get tickets before the ''sold out'' sign went up - maybe 65 of us got served and 40 of those were scrotes working for the tout. People behind us were going mad.
So the tout now becomes the savior to Morrissey fans for providing a service to those who couldn't get tickets? That is bull shit. If no touts had bought tickets in the first place, 160 genuine fans would have obtained those tickets from the original source at the original price.
Touts are parasites.

no, they shouldn't.

At best all that can be argued is that perhaps all tickets have to go on to all these sites at face value, and then you can let "supply and demand" take effect from a fair starting point, thus everyone gets a "fair price" for their ticket, as opposed to people sticking it up at £500 to start with and then wondering why they don't sell it (which many of them won't).

I don't think that's an unreasonable compromise.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
They should.

This.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Touts are parasites.

no, they shouldn't.

At best all that can be argued is that perhaps all tickets have to go on to all these sites at face value, and then you can let "supply and demand" take effect from a fair starting point, thus everyone gets a "fair price" for their ticket, as opposed to people sticking it up at £500 to start with and then wondering why they don't sell it (which many of them won't).

But it is still an economy of sale to put tickets at a price which can deliver the most profit even if some don't sell. People selling these on are probably a bit thick like and demanding a price that is unreasonable, more fool them if they are demanding a price that no one will pay then that is their prerogative. It is no different from selling any other product.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
They should.

This.

no, they shouldn't.

But it is still an economy of sale to put tickets at a price which can deliver the most profit even if some don't sell. People selling these on are probably a bit thick like and demanding a price that is unreasonable, more fool them if they are demanding a price that no one will pay then that is their prerogative. It is no different from selling any other product.

to the detriment of people who want the ticket for a fair price, so not fool them, fool them when they try to exploit people in the first place.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
no, they shouldn't.

to the detriment of people who want the ticket for a fair price, so not fool them, fool them when they try to exploit people in the first place.

I meant fool them for wasting money on tickets that they won't sell? Have you ever bought orange juice, coffee, or anything else that is speculated on in the commodity markets? Capitalism is exploitative.Wake up to that fact, why should entertainment tickets be any different?

JoeMercer'sWay said:

I meant fool them for wasting money on tickets that they won't sell? Have you ever bought orange juice, coffee, or anything else that is speculated on in the commodity markets? Capitalism is exploitative.Wake up to that fact, why should entertainment tickets be any different?
I am guessing because he missed out on tickets and cant/doesn't want to afford the touts prices.

When I lost my ticket for the Arsenal game there was a lad in the booth next to me who had paid £90 quid for a ticket off a random website. He was distraught when the women in the kiosk told him it wasn't genuine. Poor lad

Normal touting will eventually come to an end once they do away with paper tickets and send them directly to your smartphone. Goes without saying that the big official ticket touts will be allowed to continue making big bucks though.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Touts are parasites.

Spot on. Lets see how many think that touts are a people friendly service when the club gets 8000 tickets for champions league final in Lisbon and the ticket that you would be guarenteed for a domestic cup final with loyalty points gets snapped up by a Johnny come lately with cash to burn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.