Time to give Bentley a chance.

Freestyler said:
Hughes has some stupid obession over bentley, move on hughes he's fuckin shit!

Getting him is just a typical hughes signing, if we sign bentley hughes should should immediately be sacked, i think people will start to get used to it soon, you WON'T get big names in with hughes as manager, so it looks like were gonna be stickin with mediocre signings for the duration of the season.

Adebayour, Tevez, Barry, Given, etc mediocre signings!!

U r avin a laugth !!

I think Bentley did well at Blackburn because he had such a solid, workhorse team providing a platform for him. At Spurs that went and it turned out he drifts out of games for an hour at a time if the team doesn't provide that foundation i.e. tactically organised, constantly pressing. We're at a point where the player we can 'afford' to carry needs to be better than Bentley i.e. someone of the quality of Robinho. We're looking to get into the top 4, not having an outside chance of top 6.

What message does it send to Vladimir Weiss if we sign Bentley?

This is very similar to the comments we had re Bellamy (hughes favourite etc) Bently can cross a ball brilliantly, keeps possesion and is quicker than people think. SWP is quicker and is great at covering his right back, which is a bonus when you're playing ahead of Zab and Richards who are IMO weak links.

I think Bently is a much misunterstood person and potentially a very, very good player. i would welcome him and give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives me reason not to.

If we want to watch endless long hoofs to RSC, or playing for free kicks then it would be a cracking signing.

I think he'd make a good squad signing, think were crying out for someone, anyone to deliver decent balls in and around the box. its true he comes across as a total prick but like an earlier poster mentioned, pretty similar things were said before bellamy came!!

I was watching the USA v Slovakia match the other day.. there was this little guy named Weiss looked pretty good.. young and was ripping holes in defenders all night.. bet we could get him on the cheap.. looks as good as bentley did at blackburn.. maybe a bit faster as well.. sign him up hughes!!!!! :/

stevenryals said:
I was watching the USA v Slovakia match the other day.. there was this little guy named Weiss looked pretty good.. young and was ripping holes in defenders all night.. bet we could get him on the cheap.. looks as good as bentley did at blackburn.. maybe a bit faster as well.. sign him up hughes!!!!! :/

Finally someone who agrees

C_T_I_D said:
I'm setting myself up to fight a losing battle here. I know what kind of responses I will receive, I know what peoples opinions of him are but nonetheless I am going to attempt to be positive about this potential signing.

First of all you can question his attitude, but you cannot question the ability that once made him tipped to become the long-term successor to David Beckham. A lot of people questioned both about Craig Bellamy and he shrugged his shoulders, nailed down a place and put in top class performances week in and week out to get us on side. Why can't David Bentley do the same under a manager that actually got the best out of him at Blackburn and in a stage of his career where he was perfect foil for Roque Santa Cruz?

He's only 25 years of age and he can still improve. He is a fully capped England international who is not getting played because of Aaron Lennon. £8,000,000 is the rumoured fee and that amount is nothing to us for a player who will not pass the ball to the opposition anywhere near as much as Shaun Wright-Phillips and actually try and go past a player once in a while.

I understand why people do not want him and I hold reservations too but all I would say is that if he does join the club then to give him the opportunity to prove you wrong by what he does on the field, not write him off because of your views of him off the field which may not be true and that if not Manchester City take great pride in sueing papers for anyway (see Bellamy for details!)

I place the tin hat firmly upon my head and await the backlash because of the above. Have fun!

His attitude can be questioned I agree, from a purely footballing perspective, I'd sign him tomorrow

Big headed ****. Lost his way from being a promising player when he began giving more bother about his image and appearance off the pitch than his performances on it. He's a lost cause and he won't reach the potential or promise he showed when he was younger because of that. No thanks, can rot at Spurs on the bench.

In my mind Bentley is just another Richards or Johnson.. these are investments, hoping on a good return based on past promise..

It's like we're trying to play "Flip this House" with Players..

WHO CARES ABOUT BARGAINS!!!

lets wait for the RIGHT purchase instead of getting one that may be "OK" in the meantime.. lets go out and spend the cash that we all know we have and get the right player..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.