Time to put sentiment aside, back-line needs an overhaul.

dennishasdoneit said:
NipHolmes said:
onceabluealways said:
I like your optimism but if you watched Pelle on the bench yesterday he looked like a manager devoid of ideas and already beat. His whole demeener looked terrible

I think he looked at the team and wondered what the fuck he was seeing. He watched a full-back who has been in the press bemoaning playing time, and expressing an enthusiasm to stay as a no.1 player who helepd us win the title. Instead he saw a deluded player who's lost it since last season look to be a hollywood hero by playing up the field and neglecting to actually do his job. He left Milner out to dry v Bardsley, he was too far up the pitch over a dozen other times, he puts the ball out too often and he actually was trying to order Navas to do his own job when Navas was marking the correct man. The lad wants £100k pw apparently and yet he plays like this, fuck it, fuck him off. I have always liked Richards but his bulky muscle-mass, his heavy touch and his poor work ethic have been the main reason why we struggled on the right hand-side yesterday, we saw a nightmare of a performance from him and that was against the mighty Sunderland, nothing short of criminal what he showed on the pitch yesterday.

And this is the same player who was telling the manager last season how he should be setting up the defence. same player who told the england manager this season that he wouldn,t be begging for his international place back...

your having a laugh micah,at our expense. your game has gone backward since the manager you hated left..who are you going to blame now you arrogant over over paid dickhead? when will lazy muscle-bound low-on-technical-skill players like you fucking learn....work at your game..... and remember, your a player not the manager.;

wanker.

Woah steady on.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 am --<br /><br />
NipHolmes said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Coentrao ?

Yes KB, Real need to sell him and we need him. Easy deal to be done in theory.

Not seen much of him myself but I take it he is an improvement on what we have ?

dennishasdoneit said:
NipHolmes said:
onceabluealways said:
I like your optimism but if you watched Pelle on the bench yesterday he looked like a manager devoid of ideas and already beat. His whole demeener looked terrible

I think he looked at the team and wondered what the fuck he was seeing. He watched a full-back who has been in the press bemoaning playing time, and expressing an enthusiasm to stay as a no.1 player who helepd us win the title. Instead he saw a deluded player who's lost it since last season look to be a hollywood hero by playing up the field and neglecting to actually do his job. He left Milner out to dry v Bardsley, he was too far up the pitch over a dozen other times, he puts the ball out too often and he actually was trying to order Navas to do his own job when Navas was marking the correct man. The lad wants £100k pw apparently and yet he plays like this, fuck it, fuck him off. I have always liked Richards but his bulky muscle-mass, his heavy touch and his poor work ethic have been the main reason why we struggled on the right hand-side yesterday, we saw a nightmare of a performance from him and that was against the mighty Sunderland, nothing short of criminal what he showed on the pitch yesterday.

And this is the same player who was telling the manager last season how he should be setting up the defence. same player who told the england manager this season that he wouldn,t be begging for his international place back...

your having a laugh micah,at our expense. your game has gone backward since the manager you hated left..who are you going to blame now you arrogant over over paid dickhead? when will lazy muscle-bound low-on-technical-skill players like you fucking learn....work at your game..... and remember, your a player not the manager.;

wanker.
Scarcely played. And you expect him to just pick up where he left off?

Is this what it's going to be like for 2weeks. Great

dennishasdoneit said:
NipHolmes said:
onceabluealways said:

wanker.

I think he deserved to be player of the year over Walker but instead of proving why he has failed to prove why.

Now he sound resentful and instead of using as drive to get better he is now offering sound-bites. I liken him to Lescott and Dzeko, all want to play, all are not good enough to start and all cost too much to keep, all should go.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 am --<br /><br />
kippaxblue76 said:
Not seen much of him myself but I take it he is an improvement on what we have ?

Good player but simply not Marcelo.

Thing I like most about him is the graft he puts in on the left channel and allows Ronaldo the freedom not to track back so much.

kippaxblue76 said:
Lucky Toma said:
Again got to pull you up on this mate. 'Criminal'? Really? He's back from a sustained injury lay-off and into a side with a different manager with different approaches to when he played last. Give him time.

The lad can be an immense and unique asset.

If that doesnt prove to be the case - and he needs game-time to prove either way - then you're right about sentimentality (aside from wishing him all the very best and always signing his name when he returns home)

I have always liked Richards but he is technically poor, he just relies on speed and strength most of the time. Yesterday he was awful, way to static and lazy at getting back into position. Look at Sunderlands goal, he had more than enough time to get back and do his job but just wandered around near the halfway line, that's not good enough regardless of being out through injury/lack of games etc hence why he was subbed.

He was marking Johnson, something I imagine he's been instructed to do. Can people please stop blaming him for the goal.

That's not the excuse his overall performance which was poor, along with plenty of others.

Some good points in this thread but overall a general knee-jerk feeling. We need at least one more quality centre back long term and the left back spot is worrying me too. I imagine both these areas will be addressed next summer.

I wouldn't do anything in January in terms of shipping players in or out (unless serious injuries make it a necessity). However, I agree that a thorough review needs to be taken of the defensive players we have at the club.

Can we really afford another season of Kompany being persistently injury-prone and missing game after game ? Will he ever play enough games for us to rely on him ? Of course a fit Kompany is the backbone and leader of our team and our best defender by a mile. His injuries are however a major issue. It could be that next summer we need two buy 2 new CBs to form a new partnership. This will allow us to sell Lescott and Boyata. Nasty and Dimichelis as backups. As for the full backs two of Richards, Kolarov and Clichy need to be sold once two quality new arrivals are in place.

I would not be surprised to see 3 new defenders playing on the opening day of the 2014-15 season.

Lescott's confidence has just gone completely you can see it when he plays so he will be off in the summer if not sooner, Richards has looked average at best when he's played this year (but again, I have no idea why he was picked ahead of Zab yesterday). Clichy has not been great either, but I too would have played him yesterday as well. We need a new left back, and then to get rid of either Kolarov or Clichy. I would say get rid of Kolarov

Has everybody forgotten............this is a backline that has been the meanest for 3 years on the trot.......it doesn,t suddenly become the worse, without Kompany we have always looked dodgy....and Kolorov is half the player Cliche is.... but i,m afraid the major problems lay with the coach.....he just hasn,t the defensive mind of Mancini.....and away games test you far more than home................now i know we have to give Pellers time.....but i,m beginning to have doubts....

NipHolmes said:
They should be, but they aren't.

I reckon we get VK back, and a settled CB partnership and it will make a world of difference to the back 4 as a whole.

Rolee said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Lucky Toma said:
Again got to pull you up on this mate. 'Criminal'? Really? He's back from a sustained injury lay-off and into a side with a different manager with different approaches to when he played last. Give him time.

The lad can be an immense and unique asset.

If that doesnt prove to be the case - and he needs game-time to prove either way - then you're right about sentimentality (aside from wishing him all the very best and always signing his name when he returns home)

I have always liked Richards but he is technically poor, he just relies on speed and strength most of the time. Yesterday he was awful, way to static and lazy at getting back into position. Look at Sunderlands goal, he had more than enough time to get back and do his job but just wandered around near the halfway line, that's not good enough regardless of being out through injury/lack of games etc hence why he was subbed.

He was marking Johnson, something I imagine he's been instructed to do. Can people please stop blaming him for the goal.

That's not the excuse his overall performance which was poor, along with plenty of others.

Some good points in this thread but overall a general knee-jerk feeling. We need at least one more quality centre back long term and the left back spot is worrying me too. I imagine both these areas will be addressed next summer.

He's a right back and had plenty of time to back into position to help out Milner but didn't, he just wandered about on the halfway line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.