Time to put the Poznam to bed.

danburge82 said:
I disagree! We haven't once got it going at the CoMS properly yet; as in all doing it at the same time. It does my head in how poeple look at the East Corner doing it from my block (105) and wait for it to spread round to us like a Mexican Wave instead of doing it properly at the same time as everyone else.

We should just do it a little less often. Don't fucking rinse it to death by doing it six times a game in groups of 20 here and there while nothing is happening to warrant it. Just do it after we score or just do it when we're playing really well and are a few goals up or just do it when the oppositions team names are being read ouit (do they even do that, maybe they don't!).

But whenever we do it we need to do it properly and not like a shit disjointed Swansea[from last night]-esque (i think it looks THAT shit when we do it at the CoMS!) Poznan.
"If you can't do it proper stay at home!"

I disagree, i and many others thinks it looks cracking done in a mexican wave style, just saying.

Don't get rid of it, just do it less often. The poznan isn't the same when it just tries to get going in the middle of a game without having even scored. We could get a few more to add to the poznan.

The 'Balotelli': All grab our inflatable banana's and started hitting each other with them to chants of 'Let's all do the Mario' ;)

It's part of our identity. Keep it.

I remember when thousands of Blues were chanting 'Alan', a mate asked me what all that was about, and before I could answer another mate said to him: "It's a Man City thing. They're all as mad as a box of frogs."

I was proud of it.

Definately keep it, yes it will probably die away in the years to come, but its whats great about City fans, we bring light hearted fun to the game when its needed, back in the late eighties/early nineties when the game was on its knees we brought inflatables, a craze that spread and brough fun back onto the terraces, a similar thing seems to be happening now.

Who cares who copies it (apart from the Rags obviously) West Ham did it at Eastlands the other week and it was fun to see and laugh at them.

This is what being a City fan is about.

Long Live 'The Poznan', unless we all want to go 'bananas' again!

I'm in the keep it but do it less often camp.

When we did at at the start of the semi when the scum team were read out, it was amazing! You could feel the hatred literally pouring out of the 'Poznan' onto the pitch!

Same as the final - doing it as the opposition team is read out beats a few boos from the back! And of course when we score, but random Poznan smacks a little bit of a mexican wave when things are a bit quiet......

Looks absolutely awesome though - keep it!

Re: Time to put the Poznan to bed.

as much as you believe your opinion is valid. i cant see it going away anytime soon.

people love it. its a laugh and lighthearted. if you dont like it dont do it. simple.

Love the Poznan, however, I have a new take on it.

lets do 'The Citizen' It's the Poznan in reverse, so we all face the pitch!

thoughts?

Whitworth Park said:
After Bolton I think it's time to end it.
Swansea made a feeble attempt last night and I think it devalues it now.
It has been great, been in every Newspaper and on TV and a tribute
to the great Poznam fans.
Never mind Celtic's huggle there has only ever been one Poznam.
I think we sould retire it and just bring it out for special occasions.
Time to move on.

Totally disagree - love it. Unites the fans, is good fun and looks great. What's not to like? Every goal is a special occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.