Time to start thinking realistic formations/Xl

Stoned Rose said:
There isn't / wont be a generic 'best 11' or best formation.

The idea is to have a high quality squad with great depth so that we can put out the 'best' 11 for each particular game (and allow players to rest).

This means we can set up with the most appropriate personnel and formation to make sure we nullify our opponents and exploit their weaknesses.

This is something we didn't have/do last year.

The additions of Fernandinho and Navas plus the (hopefully) re-emergence of a fit Rodwell already gives us miles more options than we had last year.

Should we also get Isco, I think we'll be covered for 'answers' pretty spectacularly.

My thoughts exactly. I'm really hoping for a flexible 4-2-2-2 formation...
a8sl.jpg

...which is pretty much a 4-4-2 formation, so most of the players, especially the defence, will be familiar with it, but IMO the success of the system hinges on the 5 RINGED positions being adaptable and allowing us to morph the formation mid-game without the need for substitutions.

ptua.jpg

The formation allows us to push one of the two holding midfielders forward, which we did with such success when we won the league, to create a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 formation with relative ease as long as the two wide players are disciplined and are willing to provide defencive stability.

viov.jpg

...and also allowing us to create a 4-2-3-1 formation where we can hold the midfield with the two central players playing stictly holding/feeding roles with predominantly defencive and supplying duties whilst one or both of the wider midfielders play as wingers to supply the ammo.

1 HART

2 RICHARDS/ZAB-MAN

3 CLICHY/KOLAROV

4 KOMPANY

5 NASTY

6 YAYA/FERNANDIHO/BARRY/GARCIA/MILNER/RODWELL

7 NAVAS/MILNER

8 YAYA/FERNANDIHO/BARRY/GARCIA/MILNER/RODWELL

9 DZEKO (but is he good enough to spearhead our attack?)

10 AGUERO

11 SILVA/NASRI

I don't even know which bloody right back I'd select as first choice at the minute let alone the midfield, what I do know is that I'm pretty excited about the coming season.

JK91 said:
If you look at Pellegrini's tactical line ups at Villareal, Madrid and Malaga there is a common theme:

1 - He likes to use overlapping and adventurous wing-backs.
2 - He tends to use a creative central midfield quartet with two reliable defensive midfielders who are positioned behind two advanced "tricky" players.
3 - And also two free roaming strikers.

All wrapped up in either a 4-2-2-2 come 4-4-2 formation, with the midfield diamond and 4-2-3-1 formations thrown in for good measure. A creative and imaginative framework centred around a solid defensive foundation. Sounds good to me! And we certainly have the players for the gaffer to use this!

Have we not been playing something very similar to this for the past 2 years (if you excuse the odd adoption of 352 every now and again)

Cavani isn't coming people get over it.In all honesty I don't want him either.Tevez looks more likely to be sold so we will need one striker.It's gonna be Aguero,Dzeko,new striker and Guidetti.
-----------------------Hart-------------------
------zaba----kompany---------Nasty-------Clichy
------------------Yaya---Fernandinho-----------
------Navas--------Isco-------------Silva----
------------------Aguero----------------
That side has plenty of pace,skill,technique and quality for any side in the league.

The midfielders need to start chipping in with a few more goals too next season. I honestly think Nasri, Silva, Toure and depending on how much he plays, Rodwell should be getting into double figures. And obviously, whoever the strikers are next season, we should be expecting over 20 each. We know that Aguero is capable of 30.

______________________Hart____________________
Richards________Kompany___Nastasic________Clichy
_________Yaya Toure________Fernandinho_________
Navas________________Isco_________________Silva
_______________________Aguero_________________

Bench Keeper, Zabaleta, Barry, Nasri, Milner, Tevez, Dzeko

Bluemooner33 said:
______________________Hart____________________
Richards________Kompany___Nastasic________Clichy
_________Yaya Toure________Fernandinho_________
Navas________________Isco_________________Silva
_______________________Aguero_________________

Bench Keeper, Zabaleta, Barry, Nasri, Milner, Tevez, Dzeko

This is what I'm expecting. Anyone that sees Navas as a Plan B has to consider that he's 27, sought after, expensive and brilliant.

Yaya has to play, because he just signed a super-duper contract, but we can't leave him just beside Fernandinho - Fernandinho wasn't simply purchased to sit, Barry-style, and cover the space that Yaya leaves. Thus, by a process of deduction, we'll need a third central midfielder.

We know that MP defends with two banks of four, so that third midfielder will be advanced, as opposed to a Garcia or Barry sat behind YY and Fern. Isco would be good, but we might see Silva, Nasri or even Yaya (with Fern & JG/GB/JR behind) in the role.

Aguero's obviously the forward, and there's no need for Cavani.

Once you work out who has to play, the team picks itself.

180613224613.png

Dependant on the Thiago transfer, although if he doesn't sign i'd swich silva to the middle and let Isco swap wings with Navas on the right.

My dream team ... Forget a big money striker, just get Thiago, Isco, a LB who can attack better than Clichy, a mature CB for cover and a decent no.2 goal keeper.

GK: Hart & ???
LB: Clichy & ???
CB: Kompany, Nastasic, Richards & ???
RB: Zabaletta & Maicon
CM: Thiago, Fernandinho, Rodwell & Barry
AM: Silva & Yaya
LW: Isco & Nasri
RW: Navas & Milner
ST: Aguero & Dzeko

Extra 3 ... Guidetti, Rekik & Sinclair

Please, please please :-)

Possible starting XI - there may be 2 for each position but some players would be fitted in anywhere if fit, e.. Richards, Silva, Yaya or Isco. Navas would be a super sub. Yaya would be expected to stay much further forward than usual - almost as a target man but not quite that.

...................Hart
Richards Kompany Nastasic Clichy
.........Fernandinho Thiago
......Silva ......Yaya .......Isco
.................Aguero

Dream, dream, dream, ....... :-)

Realistic formations with named players that are not even employees of the club!

Yeah, right.

Let's leave it until the real world kicks in, yeah, and leave the Championship Fifa World Football Soccer Challenge Manager Inventions in the silicon chip.

For now, anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.