Time to start thinking realistic formations/Xl

It is an interesting concept to decipher what we believe to be the starting 11 for next season. As already stated probably best to use the players we have we need a core who will start most games to help with continuity.

With those aspects to consider we have the following:

Joe Hart - Winner of the Golden Glove, English and getting better season by season, maybe the new goalkeeping coach will be able to develop the parts to his game that seem lacking ie kicking.

Kompany - Last season was possibly not his best but we all know the guy is pure class, will be more settled this year as I imagine Pellegrini will earmark Nastasic as his centre half partner due to his superior passing ability.

Toure - Now to me Yaya is an enigma, in the sense he is described as one of the best midfielders in the World, but for a team dynamic his lack of work rate can sometimes mean we get left open defensively. With the more mobile Fernandinho next to him this should mean the deficiencies in his game are not as obvious.

Silva - Again last season possibly we did not see the best in Silva, but with the new attacking philosophy and the genuine width and pace with Navas we will see Silva have more options to let his world class vision be showcased.

Aguero - After a stop - start season Sergio has had a summer to rest, with the new South American coach who knows his game inside out Aguero should flourish. Add Isco to the mix and again this should help Sergio get more space and chances to have a season where he dominates the scoring for us.

The point I am making is so far both signings are not only impressive in their own right for both players ability but Yaya and Silva now have someone hand made to improve their game.

To me the team so far would be something like this when you judge Pellegrini's usual formations with his 4-2-2-2 which can easily be moved to a fluid 4-3-3

-----------Hart---------

Zab---Kompany-Nasty--Clichy

-------Fernandinho---------

------Nasri-----Toure--------

---Silva--------------Navas---

-----------Aguero------------

ethan23 said:
Looking more and more like Isco will be joining and Carlos will be leaving, therefore we will have an abundance of talent in midfield but i just don't know what we will line up with...

We will have

Milner
Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Rodwell
Garcia
Navas
Fernandinho
Isco

Dzeko
Aguero
Gudetti

Something like ...

....................................Hart..........................
Zab/micah......Kompany............Nasty.........Clichy

......................Yaya............Fernandinho............

..............Isco.............Silva................Navas......

...........................Aguero................................

Which will leave, Milner, Barry,Nasri,Rodwell, Garcia all out of the side... i know we will have a lot of games hopefully, but we have arguably too many options...
No such thing as too many options. Have a look at Bayern or Barcelona's squad lists and see their attacking and wide midfield options.

I'd swap Rodwell for Yaya and Isco and Navas to different wings.

Caveman said:
ethan23 said:
Looking more and more like Isco will be joining and Carlos will be leaving, therefore we will have an abundance of talent in midfield but i just don't know what we will line up with...

We will have

Milner
Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva

I'm not bothered what formation or who's in the team, Just want us to put the ball in the opponents net more than last seasons pussy footing about when in the opponents penalty area! Stating the obvious but GOALS WIN MATCHES & @ times we fluffed too many clear cut chances by passing the ball INSIDE the opponents penalty area as wee Blues well know!
Rodwell
Garcia
Navas
Fernandinho
Isco

Dzeko
Aguero
Gudetti

Something like ...

....................................Hart..........................
Zab/micah......Kompany............Nasty.........Clichy

......................Yaya............Fernandinho............

..............Isco.............Silva................Navas......

...........................Aguero................................

Which will leave, Milner, Barry,Nasri,Rodwell, Garcia all out of the side... i know we will have a lot of games hopefully, but we have arguably too many options...
No such thing as too many options. Have a look at Bayern or Barcelona's squad lists and see their attacking and wide midfield options.

I'd swap Rodwell for Yaya and Isco and Navas to different wings.

How about:

--------------------------Hart----------------------------

Micah---------Kompany---------Nastasic---------Clichy

-----------Zabaleta---------------Fernandinho----------

-----Silva---------------Yaya---------------Nasri--------

------------------------Aguero---------------------------

Zabaleta to play the defensive mid-role, which allows Yaya to push forward and be in an attacking position, which he seems to thrive on. Micah would obviously have to stay healthy for this to work, which is a big if. As for Nasri, I would like to see Isco there, but it looks unlikely at the moment. As for Navas, I see him coming in to change the game if teams are parking the bus against us, so I see him subbing for Nasri. Anyone else think Zabaleta can play as a defensive mid-fielder, or is this just wishful thinking on my part.

ono said:
----------------Hart----------------

Micah----Komps----Nasty-----Clichy

----------Yaya-----Dinho---------

-----Jesus------Nasri------Silva

---------------Kun--------------

Jesus on teh wing will provide a bag full of crosses . I think Pellegrini will prefer Dzeko upfront with Kun behind him . Dzeko will take care of the flying crosses from wings and Kun will have the license to roam and give us creativity .

--------------Hart----------------

Zaba----Komps----Nasty-----Clichy

-----Jesus------Kun------Silva

---------------Dzeko--------------

babua_blue said:
ono said:
----------------Hart----------------

Micah----Komps----Nasty-----Clichy

-----Jesus------Nasri------Silva

---------------Kun--------------

Jesus on teh wing will provide a bag full of crosses . I think Pellegrini will prefer Dzeko upfront with Kun behind him . Dzeko will take care of the flying crosses from wings and Kun will have the license to roam and give us creativity .

--------------Hart----------------

Zaba----Komps----Nasty-----Clichy

-----Jesus------Kun------Silva

---------------Dzeko--------------

This but swap Kun & Dave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.