Time wasting.

Yeah it’s very easy. As soon as it starts warn them, still don’t listen book them, then off. The fact first half he warned the villa keeper, then warned Mings after it and still no yellow card shows the problem. Teams will try and trick, I don’t overly blame them. It’s on the refs to do their jobs properly

Yeah it’s very easy. As soon as it starts warn them, still don’t listen book them, then off. The fact first half he warned the villa keeper, then warned Mings after it and still no yellow card shows the problem. Teams will try and trick, I don’t overly blame them. It’s on the refs to do their jobs properly
Yep no need for rule changes, just for refs to have the support, the will and the balls to properly enforce the current laws of the game

Recent reports suggest that the ball is in play for less than 60% of most games, often much less. Watching non-action is usually boring, unless there is a chance that a VAR might change the ref’s decision in our favour, for example, but I prefer the way Rugby times the live game, no opportunity for time-wasting, clock is stopped for injuries, subs and TMS, makes a lot of sense to me. This has to be a Fifa decision though, so no chance of logic being applied.
Sure I read somewhere that if the clock ran only when the ball was actually "in play", games would last for 3 hours. No way would TV accept that. Also, what if Newcastle were playing down at Southampton on a monday night, what time would travelling fans get back up to Tyneside if the game didn't finish til after 11pm; 4 or 5 o'clock the next morning? Lovely. Now, I suppose it could be possible to arrange the fixtures so that only teams within 90 minutes of each other play after 6pm. But that still leaves the TV issue.

an independent clock, that only records the time the ball is in play, would obviate the shithousery that we've been stuck with. The game would not last longer, 90mins of the ball in play is no longer than 60mins of ball in play plus 30mins of feigned injury etc. It's so obvious, yet why does the most watched sport in the world have to put up with the blatant cheating, it can incite violence, it rewards cheats and robs spectators who have paid to watch football not play-acting. Not possible to stop it whilst the ball is in play, though the scrum that develops when "take it to the corner" tactic is employed needs sorting. Ugly and potentially dangerous but not against the rules.

Quite a few teams waste time against City, Southampton included, and the Saints also developed this tactical break cheating between 60-70 minutes in games last season.

yep . biggest cheats in the league . hope they go down .

Incredible how lackadaisical the approach to dealing with it, especially players going down. Kouyate at Palace going down "injured" multiple times breaking our momentum and probably wasting 10 minutes on his own, still manages to finish the game. To be fair not sure why every team doesn't do it, there's never any real punishment. Think the likes of Atkinson appreciate the breather.

I prefer the idea of cards, but correctly applied rather than adding more time. If time is just added then teams will still feign injury etc to break up the flow of the game, and to have a breather.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.