Time wasting.

One warning and then a booking, even if it’s within the first 10 min, then problem solved
I wouldn't wait ten minutes. Inside ten minutes the opposition might have five goal kicks and each one is t'other side of thirty seconds. We need a fixed time where the ball is in play, be it 45mins or 40mins or whatever the goons in charge deem appropriate. There is the biggest groan reserved for the keeper who literally takes his, and our, time prodding the ball back into play. The business of added time is as flexible as VAR outcomes. The game is ruined because the arbitrators and 'governors' have completely lost the spirit of the game in exchange for a quick political 'non-fix'!

Given technology there is no reason these days that we can't have a live clock..... time only starts when the ball is in play that makes time-wasting a thing of the past, I have to say though I think the football authorities like the theatre of it
A big clock that runs down 30 mins of actual play each half would be an easy solution. 18 teams could immediately do this. Obviously United and Liverpool would get dispensation similar to the big screens

Biggest problem in the game in my opinion. The referees don't do a good enough job. Fans are being robbed of watching football.

I think there should be a separate clock that runs alongside the 90min clock, and whatever is on the separate clock is added on plus fans get to see what isn't added on.

Once the time is added on, it should restart and run alongside the injury clock to add on any time wasted in injury time.

I know a professional referee and have been meaning to ask him for years why the law that states a goalkeeper must release the ball within six seconds is so routinely ignored?

I know the original instruction to referees when it first came in was the law wasn’t intended to be strictly enforced, which is fair enough. I don’t think anyone would have a problem with 7 or 8 seconds going unpunished.

But it seems second nature now whenever a goalkeeper catches a ball to needlessly dive on the floor. Lie there for 10 seconds. Slowly get up and fanny about for another 10 seconds. You’re regularly looking at 25- 30 seconds, which is over four times what the law allows, without the referee even trying to hurry them up, never mind thinking about penalising them.

I can’t think of another law that is so routinely ignored.

I’m definitely going to ask him about it next time I see him.

It’s gamesmanship, part of the game.

I don’t *really* have a massive problem with it.

We’re not a team that has to time waste an awful lot but we’ve done it when we have to. Just look at derby a couple of years ago where Sterling was basically just stood doing keepy-uppies by the corner flag. And the time Kyle was taking the piss out of the opposition ball boys.

It’s frustrating when keepers take ages to take a kick, pretend to tie their shoelaces etc but to be honest it all adds to the pantomime of the game and ultimately we all watch football to be entertained.

There’s far worse things in football to worry about than the odd bit of time wasting.

VAR and inept/slow/old/bent referees for starters.

It’s gamesmanship, part of the game.

I don’t *really* have a massive problem with it.

We’re not a team that has to time waste an awful lot but we’ve done it when we have to. Just look at derby a couple of years ago where Sterling was basically just stood doing keepy-uppies by the corner flag. And the time Kyle was taking the piss out of the opposition ball boys.

It’s frustrating when keepers take ages to take a kick, pretend to tie their shoelaces etc but to be honest it all adds to the pantomime of the game and ultimately we all watch football to be entertained.

There’s far worse things in football to worry about than the odd bit of time wasting.

VAR and inept/slow/old/bent referees for starters.

No problem with you not having an issue with but it should be pointed out that there is a big difference between using up time when the ball is in play, which is totally allowable and wasting time by refusing to promptly restart play, which isn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.