Time wasting.

It’s a genuine tactic that is sanctioned by the powers that be when it comes to certain teams.

Can‘t blame the team who does it, unless they have ambition.

Having said all that, it's hilarious when a team has wasted time right up until the moment we score and then start rushing around afterwards. Even better when we start playing keep-ball and taking the piss.

I think the ball boys should have a spare ball each all game.
Everton in particular change this to suit in game, if they are winning all balls vanish.

I've always liked the idea of a clock on the time the ball is in play. Dead simple to implement and no margin of error. Displayed live for all to see, and means one less thing for the ref to do, and of course one less thing for him to be accused of manipulating.

Would like to know an argument against it. The only one I can come up with is that football would no longer be played over two halves of 90 minutes, it would probably be played over two halves of 35 minutes of ball in play.

(Edit - didn't spot that what DontLookBack said just a couple of posts back, but nowt wrong with posting in again).

I think the ball boys should have a spare ball each all game.
Everton in particular change this to suit in game, if they are winning all balls vanish.

That’s the exact reason they don’t allow it anymore. It used to be an option. The home team could either use multi ball or just one. Until Moyes sent someone round collecting all the spare balls after they’d scored against United.

If sat in the ground the amount of time a goalkeeper wastes taking a goal kick really grinds your gears. If sat at home you hardly notice because that's the time TV company's use to show replays. It's as if the powers that be want teams to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.