Tinhat/bulletproofjacket/coatofarmour on

depps said:
well if he signed a new deal last year that that theory blown out of the water. do you reckon moyes wants jo full time or will he be happy to let him go? if the money wasnt a problem that is

Jo has a lot of strengths to his game .
He is a very good thinker , and exellent at holding the ball up , and in some ways very similar to Yakubu .
I didn't get too excited about his goals , but more watched his overall play , and I have to say that he looks very promising .

He's not as strong as he could be , and certainly not as strong as Yakubu ( who is ? ) and his shots , though well placed lack a little power . Not the best at beating the offside trap last season , but when he did it , he did it beautifully .

I could certainly see him being an asset to Everton , and would be very glad to see him at the club again , either on another loan spell , or as a signing , but his price is very high for us to buy outright , so that's an issue .

As for Moyes , I think he would keep him if he could , but I don't think breaking up our defence to suit the deal is worthwhile , unless we can find another gifted replacement .

There was talk of Mancienne coming from Chelsea , but not heard anything since .

We're certainly rumoured to be interested in a lot of defenders , but you know what the press are like .
Lescott didn't have his best season last year , but to be fair , the whole team was in a bit of a mess injury wise , so he probably got more of a challenge than he might of bargained for .

We're very close to having a great side .

Jacobsen looks like he could be a possible answer to our right back problem , with Hibbert struggling a little in some games against top opposition .

Pienaar is naturally left footed , and could play on the right , but in either case , we need a good defensive mid , another attacking mid ( possibly Moutinho ) , a winger one way or another , and maybe a striker .

It's possible we can do this without having to sell , but I doubt that with the exception of Moutinho , that we will be able to bring top names in for more than one position .... unless of course , City buy Lescott for very big money .

When you consider City could buy any player for that position regardless of cost , then it shows how good Lescott is that they would consider him .

Darker Shade of Blue...

Do you think a part ex deal involving Richard Dunne & a load of cash or maybe Ben Haim & even more cash would be tempting?

Or even Richards?????????

I'd not be adverse to any of those going.

With Barry here, I doubt Zab will get a gig in midfield so I think that he could be 1st choice right back.

Dale Blue said:
Darker Shade of Blue...

Do you think a part ex deal involving Richard Dunne & a load of cash or maybe Ben Haim & even more cash would be tempting?

With Barry here, I doubt Zab will get a gig in midfield so I think that he could be 1st choice right back.

Has Dunne burned out now ?

What a top pro that guy is .

Darker shade of Blue said:
Dale Blue said:
Darker Shade of Blue...

Many City fans see him as not being good enough for our new found ambition. I wont include myself in that group, and while I agree last season wasn't his best by his standards, I believe he is still a top defender and if he can get back to his best form (which he did show in the latter stages of last season) id be more than happy to see him captain us to glory.

Bump.

Was it i that posted about terry before spursmad... nooo surelly not....

dont i just copy his information....

Southern fking fairy.

Pollerz said:
Bump.

Was it i that posted about terry before spursmad... nooo surelly not....
dont i just copy his information....

Southern fking fairy.

he posted it before spursmad making him by far the superior ITK!

ramsdale4 said:
Many City fans see him as not being good enough for our new found ambition. I wont include myself in that group, and while I agree last season wasn't his best by his standards, I believe he is still a top defender and if he can get back to his best form (which he did show in the latter stages of last season) id be more than happy to see him captain us to glory.

Should say SOME Manchester City fans. Dunnie is one of the best in the prem
on his day and he proved that in Sofia.

ramsdale4 said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Dale Blue said:
Darker Shade of Blue...

More like a player who, over the years, whilst being a good centre half, has cost us vital points and games with some glaringly terrible mistakes. Not to say he has'nt saved us countless games but its those mistakes and schoolboy errors that stick in my mind.
As for the 'not good enough for where we are going' i remember reading all that guff after the takeover. I totally disagree, i think he's not good enough for where we should have been before the takeover ie winning more consistently and challenging for 6th or 7th spot. His and others INconsistency were the reason we didnt achieve either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.