Tips and experiences with cutting back on alchohol

I think I must have had about 80-100 units this weekend on a lads trip so giving it a swerve this week. At 50 these trips are getting harder each year. I’m absolutely fucked today 2 days after getting home!

After watching Scotland get gubbed by Belgium, I retract everything I advised and I am now going on a three day bender. Maybe even with one. Who knows how these things can turn out.

Having read this topic with interest I decided to give it a try.
I haven't had a drink since my usual Sunday pints, followed by a bottle of red, while watching the golf.
4 days later, I feel so fresh, I see the World much more clearly. I have slept so well, been exercising, and find communication with people a joy.
Unfortunately I really miss the blurred edges of life, the effortless way I can ignore everything and everyone while in drink, so I am off to the shop to buy a nice gran reserve, get life back to normal.

Having read this topic with interest I decided to give it a try.
I haven't had a drink since my usual Sunday pints, followed by a bottle of red, while watching the golf.
4 days later, I feel so fresh, I see the World much more clearly. I have slept so well, been exercising, and find communication with people a joy.
Unfortunately I really miss the blurred edges of life, the effortless way I can ignore everything and everyone while in drink, so I am off to the shop to buy a nice gran reserve, get life back to normal.
Exactly the same-had 4 days off feel great -so had a couple of pints in City Arms at lunch and shared a nice bottle of Barolo tonight-lifes good!!

I stopped drinking in the week in February,having done so for 20yrs
Still have a few tins at the weekend

I have lost 2 1/2 stone in that time
I added up the calories I was drinking over 7 days and to be honest it was shameful

Tried a cobra 0% with my dinner tonight, never liked it!
Didn't taste anything like the real thing.

Maybe some other alcohol free beers taste better?

Just purely on the football side of things when I started to take my lad who's only 10 now my matchday experience improved so much. He's been going 3 seasons now and I dont drink a drop at the game anymore. It's much more enjoyable now. Before that I'd be needing a piss before half time, would often miss the start of the second half etc. Sober football rocks!

Tried a cobra 0% with my dinner tonight, never liked it!
Didn't taste anything like the real thing.

Maybe some other alcohol free beers taste better?
sorry but no none do-you don't get the buzz which is the point of having a drink, staying off it is better but a lot more difficult

Just purely on the football side of things when I started to take my lad who's only 10 now my matchday experience improved so much. He's been going 3 seasons now and I dont drink a drop at the game anymore. It's much more enjoyable now. Before that I'd be needing a piss before half time, would often miss the start of the second half etc. Sober football rocks!
i agree and am sober for most games -but always pissed at Wemberley! and can never remember the game.

sorry but no none do-you don't get the buzz which is the point of having a drink, staying off it is better but a lot more difficult

Yeah think I'll give them a steer, thinking of all the money I'm saving and hopeful weight I will lose eventually.
Got some delicious steaks for Sunday, which I'm sure would have been great with a fine French red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.