Tips and experiences with cutting back on alchohol

Yeah think I'll give them a steer, thinking of all the money I'm saving and hopeful weight I will lose eventually.
Got some delicious steaks for Sunday, which I'm sure would have been great with a fine French red.
go for it mate=have a glass of fizzy water enjoy the steak and try to break the association-wish I could.

After overdoing it on my holiday, I’m not drinking until next Friday and that’s only because it’s my work night out.

On a side note, you should see the pubs around where I live at present. They’ve either been gentrified to fuck and are all about food or being run in to the ground by people who don’t know what they’re doing. So sad.

That's one month no booze; actually been less difficult than I thought, looking back that's probably only the second time since 1989 I have gone a month without any booze.

Really appreciate all the help and advice so far on this thread and via PM.
Anyone else managed to cut back over the close season?

I've recently had to limit myself to weekends only for a drink (which is a reasonable regime but doesn't stop me itching for a drink as soon as i'm on the way home).

I exercise during the day at the work gym, and on the alternate day I go running in a nearby park. I've lost a fair bit of weight but in my head, I am capable of using this exercise regime as a justification for my drinking (i'm taking care of myself so why not, etc). I don't have the energy to go and exercise every time I want a drink, so i'm not sure how else to fill the gap once i'm home.

I actually didn't have one today but had an internal fight with myself when I got home. I am more annoyed about having to have the same internal fight over and over, than I am annoyed by the absence of drink.

Bit of a weird post without an aim really. I should add that there are reasons (medical/scientific but not dangerous) that I should be cutting down, but frankly I am greedy and can't seem to stop myself drinking 4-5 bottles of 6-8% gear on a Friday/Saturday.

I have a fail proof system. Three weeks before I cut back, I increase my consumption by 30 pints and a bottle of gin a week. Three weeks later I cut back by 30 pints and the bottle of gin and tell everybody how much I’ve cut down. To be fair most can’t understand my slurring, which pisses me off, so naturally it usually ends up in a fight. But I feel proud as fuck I have that ability whenever I feel like a detox. Beat that!

I have a fail proof system. Three weeks before I cut back, I increase my consumption by 30 pints and a bottle of gin a week. Three weeks later I cut back by 30 pints and the bottle of gin and tell everybody how much I’ve cut down. To be fair most can’t understand my slurring, which pisses me off, so naturally it usually ends up in a fight. But I feel proud as fuck I have that ability whenever I feel like a detox. Beat that!

Kinell !! Just been to the cardiologist, told to cut back the drink, my weekly consumption consists of 1 or 2 glasses of wine per night, 3 pints of lager per match day (so twice a week).

Snack on chocolate and biscuits. I find that negates my desire for beer quite often

Just after some advice.... I have cut down my alcohol intake, but now eat a packet of caramel digestives every night and can only really function after I have demolished a bounty at 7.30am. I have ballooned in weight by 4 stone, and need help. Anyone have any experience cutting back?

Just after some advice.... I have cut down my alcohol intake, but now eat a packet of caramel digestives every night and can only really function after I have demolished a bounty at 7.30am. I have ballooned in weight by 4 stone, and need help. Anyone have any experience cutting back?
Is that you Smeathers?

You fat **** :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.