TNT Sports

Benaud was asked once who influenced his commentary style. He named some old guy who’s name I’ve long since forgotten and said the best advice he gave him was… Every single time you go to open your mouth, stop and ask yourself, am I about to say something that the viewers can quite clearly see for themselves? If the answer is ‘yes’, don’t bother saying it.

It’s a lesson I wish a few football pundits would take on board.
I'm guessing John Arlott or even E W Swanton who was the original "voice of cricket" and legendary cricket writer.

I totally agree with your sentiments, but sadly the modern breed of commentator isn't comfortable with silence and is plagued by the constant need to say something funny.

As for TNT, my biggest issue is with the camera work and the obsession with replays and slow motion crowd- shots from the previous move, especially when you can tell from the noise that the game has continued.

The Leipzig game was the first time I'd missed a City away European game for a few seasons, and I found myself shouting SHOW THE F^^^^^^ GAME on more than one occasion.

As for TNT, my biggest issue is with the camera work and the obsession with replays and slow motion crowd- shots from the previous move, especially when you can tell from the noise that the game has continued.
Can't blame them for that unfortunately. The local broadcaster is responsible for this on all away games.

managed to menton us and our wealth for no real reason.

and all this kenilworth rd nostalgia bollocks, is nausiating it's a shithole

Last edited:
Getting rid of Humphries can't but only be an improvement.

But.....

Most of the dreadful pundits are still there. I try to avoid there coverage and find an alternative source whenever possible.

I watched the game on TNT then in the morning watched it again on City +

It were like two different games I had to go and have a lie down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.