TNT Sports

Michael Owen: “You know what, I actually think Brighton can win this game.”

Like he’s talking about some 20/1 outsider, rather than the Even money favourites.
More proof (there's plenty out there already) that a decent player doesn't always make a decent/knowledgeable pundit....

Screenshot_20231005_181833_Scores.jpg

It’s the arrogance of some of these pundits that irritates me and why I rarely bother listening to them.

There were two women, one was obviously an ex goalkeeper, and Michael Owen talking about the Liverpool game last night. The two women were pronouncing the other team, Union Saint-Gilloise, perfectly. Or what at least sounded perfectly to a non French speaker. God forbid, they may well have even practiced pronouncing it, when they were given the job.

But that nonsense was all clearly below the great Sir Michael. It was “the opposition “ or “ the Belgians” all night for him.

How hard is it, when you’re been paid handsomely to comment on a football game, to at least make it your business to know the names of the two teams? If he’d done even 30 seconds research he would have found it is perfectly acceptable to call them “USG” and saved himself the bother of having to try and pronounce silly foreign words.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.