TNT Sports

Yep, definitely at the start of the second half. Darke was commentating a second behind what was happening. They might not have been at the game.
I've had that sound delay with a few of the rugby WC games on ITV. They were at the stadium I think, talking about a 5 hour train journey to Freiburg for the Hammers game tonight.

Darke's commentary is to be endured rather than enjoyed. Savage was ok though, very enthusiastic about Rico and Alavarez.

I've had that sound delay with a few of the rugby WC games on ITV. They were at the stadium I think, talking about a 5 hour train journey to Freiburg for the Hammers game tonight.

Darke's commentary is to be endured rather than enjoyed. Savage was ok though, very enthusiastic about Rico and Alavarez.
I think we get bored of commentators as there is so much football on these days.

People wanted rid of Tyler. He goes, Drury comes in and he’s getting slagged off now.

How do you change your stats for a team that you commentate on 5 times a month? 90 mins of speaking is a lot of words!

cheesman interviewed them both so they was there

Benaud was asked once who influenced his commentary style. He named some old guy who’s name I’ve long since forgotten and said the best advice he gave him was… Every single time you go to open your mouth, stop and ask yourself, am I about to say something that the viewers can quite clearly see for themselves? If the answer is ‘yes’, don’t bother saying it.

It’s a lesson I wish a few football pundits would take on board.
Jim Laker?

Benaud was asked once who influenced his commentary style. He named some old guy who’s name I’ve long since forgotten and said the best advice he gave him was… Every single time you go to open your mouth, stop and ask yourself, am I about to say something that the viewers can quite clearly see for themselves? If the answer is ‘yes’, don’t bother saying it.

It’s a lesson I wish a few football pundits would take on board.
I think it was Glen Hoddle who told the nation that Icardi’s penalty on Tuesday was a “poor penalty”. I mean, FFS, no shit! I was in hysterics.

I think it was Glen Hoddle who told the nation that Icardi’s penalty on Tuesday was a “poor penalty”. I mean, FFS, no shit! I was in hysterics.

My “favourite” is “Never in doubt” after a penalty has been scored.

A week later, the same player misses one and the same pundit informs you after the event that he “Never fancied him”

I cannot watch a game if he is on, he never shuts the fuck up.
It would be so much better if we had crowd noise only without commentators or at least bin the co-commentators

Michael Owen: “You know what, I actually think Brighton can win this game.”

Like he’s talking about some 20/1 outsider, rather than the Even money favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.