To all the Blues no longer with us

Iv just got home few hours ago.

To my brother from another mother

I was there saturday without my 15 year old and gutted , and I was there without you too.

Four weeks before he died when he droves us down to wembley when we beat the scousers in the league cup 2016.

Live forever mate, Gaz.

Fs_fiQNagAApTTe.jpeg

My dad was a Collyhurst lad, a huge City family, the Rennies. He took my to so many games as a kid, beer crate to stand on in the 74 and 76 LC Finals, a different game every Saturday when we moved doen to the Midlands. His last game was the 93:20, I think.

Who could only have dreamt of this while they were still on Earth. This one's for you. We did it.

WE FUCKING DID IT!!!!
Last time I spoke to/saw my dad was day after 2011 cup final, he said 'your boys are coming good, enjoy it' well Dad the last 12 years have been amazing! What i'd give to be able to give you a call to chat about Saturday the culmination of my nearly 50 years following/watching City
RIP Dad , will raise a glass aftrr the parade to you

I had tears of joy and sadness when we won the league in 2011/12 and for every trophy since…my son died on the 31st January 2007, so has missed it all…he was City through and through though. Used to get gyp in school, but he didn‘t care. Had a tear in my eye for every trophy since including Saturday. He was cremated and we brought some ashes to be put in the Garden of Remembrance. Called City to make sure it was ok to do so. They asked what time we were going to do it and they even got the City padre to say a few words…every day is like yesterday and life has never been the same…few pictures here…

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0273.jpeg
    IMG_0273.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.