To all the Blues no longer with us

My dear Mum passed away shortly before we won the FA Cup semi final against the Salford Docks club, and then we went on and won our first trophy for 30 odd years. She always said City always lost when she watched or listened to their games. If only she could have seen what happened beyond. My last words about football on her hospital death bed went like this: “How did City get on?” Lost 3-0 against Arsenal. “Not impressed!” was her reply, bless her.

I'm not a home and away goer who spends thousands of pounds following the team up and down the country every week, so if I am talking absolute shite then someone please call me out on it.

The reaction at full-time wasn't one of absolute scenes or limbs or people falling over seats and that - much to the parody of tedious banter accounts on Twitter

I don't know whether it was because everyone was fucked from the journey to get to the fucking ground at the first place - but the fulltime reaction was incredibly muted. Circumspect. Relief. A release. Grown men in tears, people slumped in chairs, just everyone taking it all in. It was more beautiful, and organic than just going mental at the final whistle.

You could see this meant so much to so many people, those who thought they would never live to see the day, and remembering those who unfortunately never did. It was just an authentic release of emotion and a pressure valve that had been building for generations.
I was there and thought it beautiful too, sometimes you just want to soak it all in and fully experience what is happening. A bit like, if you are lucky enough to have the experience, of the birth of your children. No one runs along a corridor jumping about as the emotion is sort of bottled up until you find yourself blubbing (sometimes in private). It's a beautiful bliss that is attained so, so rarely in life.

Good that we both mentioned them ;-)
I've been thinking what Kingys posts might have been after getting back from Istanbul ;-)
Was a right bloody WUM at times, but always a very funny proper Blue.
He would have been in his element. Would have certainly had a few going at it on here

Lost my brother to suicide in 2019. Every year now I have his birthday printed on my shirt so he's still part of it. He would have loved Saturday, and me and my Dad shared a moment to remember him at the end of the game. Here's to you our kid, we did it!

Dads last season watching was the season we barely scored under Pearce. If my memory serves me correct his last game was at home to Middlesbrough. We battered them, lost 1-0 and it poured down with rain.

Cancer meant he stopped going.

He died in 2009. If we are ever reunited hes not going to believe a word I say about City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.