To all the Blues no longer with us

I'm not a home and away goer who spends thousands of pounds following the team up and down the country every week, so if I am talking absolute shite then someone please call me out on it.

The reaction at full-time wasn't one of absolute scenes or limbs or people falling over seats and that - much to the parody of tedious banter accounts on Twitter.

I don't know whether it was because everyone was fucked from the journey to get to the fucking ground at the first place - but the fulltime reaction certainly around where I was, was incredibly muted. Circumspect. Relief. A release. Grown men in tears, people slumped in chairs, just everyone taking it all in. It was more beautiful, and organic than just going completely mental at the final whistle.

You could see this meant so much to so many people, those who thought they would never live to see the day, and remembering those who unfortunately never did. It was just an authentic release of emotion and a pressure valve that had been building for generations.

Last edited:
Lost our kid Simon a year ago this Saturday.. He bought me a limited edition Umbro banana shirt in 2009 and it’s stayed in the sleeve ever since, till Saturday as the “special occasion” I’d been saving it for had arrived.

Little did I know that only a few steps inside the stadium I’d be grabbed by the neck by a Turkish official and marched to the exit for wearing a “racist shirt”…. Thank goodness that the head of police football security from Cheshire Police saw the incident and stepped in.. Thank goodness I also had another shirt in my bag that I could put over the top of my tee shirt

Banana Shirt

Last edited:
When this seasons shirt was launched with a private preview for Colin the Kings family I sensed it was going to be a special shirt.View attachment 82970View attachment 82966View attachment 82967View attachment 82968

As Pep said it was written in the stars

The whole season had a buzz about it and something special was about to happen
it felt different going to the games and in the stadium, it just sounded different and the atmosphere was incredible, the hairs on the back and arms were standing up at times,

To every lost soul that spread the faith and love of Manchester City I thank you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.